06 cm870 inframe oil consumption
09-25-2020, (Subject: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption ) 
RE: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption
(09-25-2020 )410truckin Wrote:  ...
I have been on the brinks of selling it, I honestly am tired of dealing with it at this point. I. don't mind going after another truck with some cash in hand and financing. And it wasnt the shop that convinced me. But just having other trucker friends that have their trucks all boosted up etc. I never was that way, I was just about leaving it as is and making money. It wont be a big loss if I sell it. I want at least 20k for it if I can get that. Paid 11k for the truck in 2017.

Don't get yourself caught up in Super-Trucker Fever ... maybe 20+ years ago, people could afford to inframe every couple 3 years and brag about what they had... but in today's market, its all about profitability and money you can take home, as the freight rates are S#It any more compared to the days of Super-Truckers ... those days are long gone.

even so, the moral of what replies have been made is that even if someone wants to do such a thing ... there are proper ways, so that the consequences are minimized, and the ways those guys you have been caught up with go about it is not one of them.

as far as the after-market parts,.. i have only seen about 1 in 10 ppl around here have any decent success on that brand of overhaul kit... they are truly bad and have been known for as such on here. As far as the head goes .. same thing.. you will be lucky to get maybe 250k miles out of that head and it will have to come off again... it is almost guaranteed, like clock-work, I have seen it so many times.

There is only one way to build a reliable ISX for decent longevity with a million miles as the goal, and it is with all OEM parts and a brand new (not reman) head. It has to be build a specific way too, and it seems less and less people are building them that way too.. and this in itself is why they tend to be problematic and fall apart.

The liner height the seco0nd time around should have been set to 0.014" instead of the factory 0.010"... the head has to be hand torqued... it sit over night, and re-torqued the next day after the head gasket crushes... and there is a lot more, but no one does things this way any more hardly and they all complain they have a lot of issues, blame the equipment instead of themselves.

Last but not least,.. the VG turbo is the best thing the engine has going for it.. nothing can touch it as far as flexibility, engine efficiency, and they typically last 600k+ miles or more, well long enough to save the truck owner 10,000+ in fuel saving alone vs. a non-vg turbo easily... this is the part they don't tell you about. - And in all actuality, the reason they push so hard for its removal is not only for their own profit during the delete process, but because they do not know how to re-program the factory VGT properly and it destroys itself after one of their horrible deletes has been done.

Things can be done properly.. the turbo does not have to come off it,. and the engine can be made to do whatever someone wants without all the garbage they push... simple as that.

We have seen this hundred times on here in the past... those companies have a lot of advertising and dyno and million dollar promises... all in the name of exploiting people out of their money in the name of unnecessary engine killing, red-neck horrible programming and mods glory, and it is truly sad. -- You'de think that in the last 20+ years they could have taken that dyno and have spent the time to make a decent damnned program that is not so horribly written,.. but in reality, all they do is look at the power output and butcher the engine into oblivion so that it tears itself up instead out of complete sheer ignorance. Welcome to the bad delete collection...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 410truckin

Messages In This Thread
RE: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption - Rawze - 09-25-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.