N 14 accessory drive seal
10-04-2020, (Subject: N 14 accessory drive seal ) 
N 14 accessory drive seal
looking for a n 14 guy....
Dads done the seal on the accessory drive a few times .
I have done it once myself .
It does not take long before its leaking again.
Its a 525 plus .
Is there anyway the shaft can have play in it .
At my wits end with it .
I have checked the shaft for wear , the cover for cracks . I have replaced the speedy sleeve.
Just wondering what else could be causing this
Any info is much appreciated.

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
10-05-2020, (Subject: N 14 accessory drive seal ) 
RE: N 14 accessory drive seal
Check the bushing inside the front cover housing. It's was a common issue with the N-14's to have the bushing wear and cause the front seal to start leaking due to the shaft being pulled by the fan belts. Also make sure that you are not over=tightening the belts because this will cause issues as well.
When installing the bushing, make sure that you align the oil hole in the busing with the oil supply in the front cover.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , the missing link
Thank you , that was exactly pretty much what I was looking for .
That will save me a lot of headache. I will let him know.
Thanks again.

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
Just FYI, the complete acc drive will need to be pulled from the engine to replace the bushing. It can be pulled with the compressor and fuel pump attached but would recommend breaking everything down once it's off the truck and renew all the gaskets while it's on the bench. If you decide to put it back together in individual pieces, you will need a 5/8 S-wrench to get the back compressor bolt in and tightened. Also, don't forget to put the drive coupler between the compressor and acc drive, as well as the coupler between the compressor and fuel pump. Compressor to pump is made of a nylon material and it's not a bad idea to replace it as well while everything is torn apart.
As a complete unit, it's a heavy mofo and has smashed plenty of hands. Just take it slow and watch the pinch points with it.
Also, it's easier to get the A/C compressor out of the way (don't have to drain the system) and make sure that you check the front cover where it mounts because it will crack around the A/C bolt holes and leak also. This requires the complete front cover to be replaced if this is the case. Not a hard job, just a little time consuming.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Rawze , the missing link
The bushing can wear as stated above. There is also an O/S seal with wear sleeve kit (3800617) if the acc drive shaft has lip wear.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , the missing link

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.