Oil leak behind engine?? Cm2250
07-23-2016, (Subject: Oil leak behind engine?? Cm2250 ) 
RE: Oil leak behind engine?? Cm2250
Yeah, it looks like a rear structure leak. I've done 2 of them on Series 60's, but I always waited until they needed clutches it's just more cost/downtime effective.
I've never done one on an ISX yet, mine is weeping but my clutch is still good so I won't be doing it for a while. I never had to mic one in, I'll have to look it up on Quickserve as that's new on me. I know you've got to keep them square and make sure you follow toque pattern & spec properly.
If you attempt this yourself, you will need something to lift/hold the motor as the rear motor mounts are attached to it. It's a big job, but certainly something you wanna be confident about your abilities to do.
FYI, don't waste your time or money cheaping out on a clutch. Refinish your flywheel and get a good clutch, preferrably bigger than you need. The labor is WAY more than the part, I put a 2250rated clutch behind my 1850 torque motor...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil leak behind engine?? Cm2250 - Hammerhead - 07-23-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.