(2014) ISX15 coolant help!
10-18-2020, (Subject: (2014) ISX15 coolant help! ) 
RE: (2014) ISX15 coolant help!
I appreciate that, thank you Waterloo!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
10-18-2020, (Subject: (2014) ISX15 coolant help! ) 
You are welcome sir!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhostHauling
04-12-2021, (Subject: (2014) ISX15 coolant help! ) 
So $1700 later after the Stealership told me 1,000 they installed six rings into my head due to 3 injector cups leaking it was causing a Fuel and Coolant Mix the splash is still there which Rawze said was normal and I haven’t put my block test back on bc my test fluid leaked out so I’m hoping this was the cause of the failed block test kit turning Green not sure yet and I Haven’t had the rings in long enough to know if they’re working so I’ll post an update on those I’m praying they last at least 100,000k but more so than ever I’m worried about my fuel pump after finding out coolant has been running through it but I only put 40,000 miles on it since I bought it so I’m not sure if these cups started leaking after me pulling gross through the mountains the dealer said it was a flat ground truck but who knows I’ll also add my truck has had 16 windshields since 2014 according to the maintenance records I have and idk if it’s accurate and true but the windshield has a rather large 8 inch crack on the passenger boarder towards center so I’m wondering if my trucks got an issue or just a rock magnet I ran a Prostar for 2 years as a company driver and never lost a windshield to a crack so if anyone else who runs a Prostar like Waterloo can tell me if you’ve had to replace this many dang windshields ?
replyreply
LMAO!!!!! 16 windshields?? Wow that's bizarre.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Two windshields in mine, bought the truck in 2013. That is close to 500,000 miles or there about. When you replace the glass, take it to a shop that can get the truck indoors to change out the windshield. Have them inspect the opening in the body, I bet there is something there that is hitting the glass and causing it to crack. I take mine to an outfit in Jackson Michigan, they get me inside the shop and according to the installer, it takes two men to properly seat the window in the opening. Just what they tell me, and the windshield installed ran around $140.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhostHauling
That’s what I was thinking ! It has to be that’s way too many replacements but $140 ??? That’s crazy cheep my quote from a windshield company was $840 installed but I’ll try to get out there that’s definitely worth it in savings but my main concern was to simply Rinse & Repeat between the cost and downtime I didn’t want to change it to have it happen again it got a chip a month after I got the truck on the driver side nothing crazy never grew and for absolutely no reason that crack started on the opposite side after hitting a bump no rock or anything that I heard and there’s no chip as there normally is before the crack. These little things nickel & dime me to death it’s crazy but thanks for the help much appreciated ! Keep on trucking & God bless! Also I no you said you didn’t need it but if you know anyone who would want that too fairing have them reach out, I’ll probably have to junk it before too long I have no where to keep it without it getting destroyed and I don’t really know if it’s worth the effort to try to sell.
replyreply
04-13-2021, (Subject: (2014) ISX15 coolant help! ) 
you would thunk after the 5th or 6th one... someone would be looking into why it keeps cracking instead of blindly replacing them all the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-13-2021, (Subject: (2014) ISX15 coolant help! ) 
(04-12-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  That’s what I was thinking ! It has to be that’s way too many replacements but $140 ??? That’s crazy cheep my quote from a windshield company was $840 installed but I’ll try to get out there that’s definitely worth it in savings but my main concern was to simply Rinse & Repeat between the cost and downtime I didn’t want to change it to have it happen again it got a chip a month after I got the truck on the driver side nothing crazy never grew and for absolutely no reason that crack started on the opposite side after hitting a bump no rock or anything that I heard and there’s no chip as there normally is before the crack. These little things nickel & dime me to death it’s crazy but thanks for the help much appreciated ! Keep on trucking & God bless! Also I no you said you didn’t need it but if you know anyone who would want that too fairing have them reach out, I’ll probably have to junk it before too long I have no where to keep it without it getting destroyed and I don’t really know if it’s worth the effort to try to sell.

Yep, I have had those $800 quotes before, total ripoff. It has been around three years since I replaced the windshield, so they are probably closer to $200. Here is the outfit I take the truck too... http://www.jacksonglass.com Just a mile or two off of I-94

Give them a call and see what they say, they may have seen this issue before. 517-784-0556

replyreply
04-15-2021, (Subject: (2014) ISX15 coolant help! ) 
I replaced 2 windshields in 4 months on my pete. Both due to rocks kicked up by other trucks that tried to blast through my windshield. Both times I paid about $350 installed, one at a shop and one came to my parking lot. Big ol' single piece windshield.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.