CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice
11-03-2020, (Subject: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice ) 
RE: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice
(11-03-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You don't have any air blowing out anywhere while its running do you? That sounds like its pumping the air out somewhere.

Nope not that I can hear, would be rather audible I would think
replyreply
11-04-2020, (Subject: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice ) 
I would take of front gear cover and check gear lash.
replyreply
11-04-2020, (Subject: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice ) 
Listened to all three videos. I’d be considered also. Have you tried the big screwdriver up to your ear to help pin point the noise?
These 2250 have a couple of issues under the front cover. One being fuel pump drive bolts shear another is the scissor gear has been upgraded.
Could be power steering pump, does it get hot quick?
I would start it up and just start touching for warmth on everything and listening with screwdriver on hear to help at least get close to sound. You really need to get an idea where it is or is not coming from, I’m sure it’s driving you crazy
replyreply
11-06-2020, (Subject: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice ) 
(11-04-2020 )redbeard Wrote:  Listened to all three videos. I’d be considered also. Have you tried the big screwdriver up to your ear to help pin point the noise?
These 2250 have a couple of issues under the front cover. One being fuel pump drive bolts shear another is the scissor gear has been upgraded.
Could be power steering pump, does it get hot quick?
I would start it up and just start touching for warmth on everything and listening with screwdriver on hear to help at least get close to sound. You really need to get an idea where it is or is not coming from, I’m sure it’s driving you crazy

I tried the screwdriver trick and also held my hand on the power steering pump and it didn't get hot any faster than the air compressor.

The sound is the loudest from the grill when the hoods closed. Which makes me want to assume it's coming from the front of the motor.

I just don't know how to go about tracking the noise down other than throwing parts at it?
replyreply
11-07-2020, (Subject: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice ) 
(11-03-2020 )suined Wrote:  Here is a quick video I took of the compressor running. Notice the knocking sound until the air dryer kicks

https://youtu.be/PzPzFXOKPXk

sounds just like my noisy compressor. Damn thing makes such a racket. Did it before and after it was replaced 18 months ago.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.