Fan Control Circuit engine shutoff
11-05-2020, (Subject: Fan Control Circuit engine shutoff ) 
RE: Fan Control Circuit engine shutoff
Hopefully i can find the problem tonight. If i end up replacing the ECM, what would be the correct procedure to back it up and flash the new ecm with the @m*m^2 tune? Even if the ECM is not the problem i would like to have the ability to have a way to back it up or have a spare ECM. Both of my brothers are truck drivers with no electrical and computer experience.

(11-05-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  If the trucks have the same type of accelerator and fan setup (preferably the same make and model truck) then just fit the ECM and go for a quick drive. You may run into fault codes or notice differences in driving. You are only checking that it doesn't shut down.
replyreply
(11-05-2020 )INTERPRO Wrote:  Hopefully i can find the problem tonight. If i end up replacing the ECM, what would be the correct procedure to back it up and flash the new ecm with the @m*m^2 tune? Even if the ECM is not the problem i would like to have the ability to have a way to back it up or have a spare ECM. Both of my brothers are truck drivers with no electrical and computer experience.

(11-05-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  If the trucks have the same type of accelerator and fan setup (preferably the same make and model truck) then just fit the ECM and go for a quick drive. You may run into fault codes or notice differences in driving. You are only checking that it doesn't shut down.
I would check OEM wire harness first. If wire from FAN CONTROL pin has shorts with other wires in harness or bad ground on solenoid or relay ( I don't have your truck schematic) it will create a lot of strange things.
Go to cumminsquickserve there is procedure to test. look into truck schematic for shared ground connections.
replyreply
(11-05-2020 )snailexpress Wrote:  I would check OEM wire harness first. If wire from FAN CONTROL pin has shorts with other wires in harness or bad ground on solenoid or relay ( I don't have your truck schematic) it will create a lot of strange things.
Go to cumminsquickserve there is procedure to test. look into truck schematic for shared ground connections.

I had already disconnected the oem ecu connector and thats where i am reading the output voltages
replyreply
11-06-2020, (Subject: Fan Control Circuit engine shutoff ) 
My understanding of the way to replace ecm -.

Download @m*m^2 from current ecm see if rawze or someone trusted has time to inspect and enter any updates.

New ecm have cummins or dealer put the correct stock program for truck on it.

Install new ecm turn key to run for 10-15 min to let ram and rom populate. Can also start and run truck for this time.

Unlock new ecm hit save. Download stock program so you have it on hand. Then upload @m*m^2 to ecm and enjoy. I believe ct uses the terms upload/download in reverse of the way I just did

Being 5 years old I would have @m*m^2 inspected.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: INTERPRO
Ill try to do that tonight, hopefully someone can verify it for me. Thanks for the help

(11-06-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  My understanding of the way to replace ecm -.

Download @m*m^2 from current ecm see if rawze or someone trusted has time to inspect and enter any updates.

New ecm have cummins or dealer put the correct stock program for truck on it.

Install new ecm turn key to run for 10-15 min to let ram and rom populate. Can also start and run truck for this time.

Unlock new ecm hit save. Download stock program so you have it on hand. Then upload @m*m^2 to ecm and enjoy. I believe ct uses the terms upload/download in reverse of the way I just did

Being 5 years old I would have @m*m^2 inspected.
replyreply
Sad RE: Fan Control Circuit engine shutoff
I finally got to install a CT and loaded the cal to the other ECM. Now i just hope it solves the problem. Its too late to have the truck on wothout waking up the neighbors.
replyreply
11-07-2020, (Subject: Fan Control Circuit engine shutoff ) 
Problem update: I installed the new ECM with the backed up calibration.

The engine doesn't shut off or gives out any more codes, but it wont go above 1400 RPMs. What would cause that?
replyreply
(11-07-2020 )INTERPRO Wrote:  Problem update: I installed the new ECM with the backed up calibration.

The engine doesn't shut off or gives out any more codes, but it wont go above 1400 RPMs. What would cause that?
ECM image from different truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: INTERPRO
I got working now. Thanks everyone for the help. It was the old ECM causing the problem. For some weird reason the parameters didn't change when i loaded the calibration to the new ecm. After double checking all the parameters its working correctly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.