Please help! ISX15 poor fuel mileage
11-22-2020, (Subject: Please help! ISX15 poor fuel mileage ) 
RE: Please help! ISX15 poor fuel mileage
We are getting into the winter fuel too... I have noticed my fuel mileage has dropped its normal .5 mpg, sometimes more depending on my weight.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Also wind is a big killer of fuel economy too especially now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nihalu
(11-22-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Also wind is a big killer of fuel economy too especially now.
No doubt about that!!!
replyreply
Smartway tire’s should help

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Cold air is really dense also.... So winter fuel cold air and bad rolling resistance tires. 5.8 Mpg is normal. Just keep pushing wind and looking cool man.
replyreply
Square nose fuel pig + trying to be competitive in the dry-van/reefer freight market is like shooting yourself in the right foot just before the long marathon ... then wondering why you bled to death along the way.

Maybe a cascadia or prostar with a set of 3.79's in the rears and an ISX mid-tier. Over the stretch of a million miles of trucking, comparing a well cared for Cascadia or Prostar vs. what your trying to push down the roads is easily about $300,000 dollars in fuel saving alone if not more!

You are using the wrong equipment for the jobs. This cannot be fixed.

- In the mean time, you need to at least go thru the truck nose to toes and do some comprehensive testing of all the systems to ensure engine is at its best + the truck components too like CAC, exhaust, etc.

-- and if it is de-mandated... you need to have that program looked at A.S.A.P. to ensure it is not pushing that engine toewards a slow agonizing death.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.