Building air problem
11-23-2020, (Subject: Building air problem ) 
RE: Building air problem
(11-23-2020 )Coronado126 Wrote:  It sounds like you've done pretty much all you can do to troubleshoot the system. Have you verified the airlines to the governor, dryer, compressor, air tanks and back are clear and not obstructed?

When you have the RPM at 1100 building air pressure, how long does it take if you time it with a stop watch? DOT says 45 seconds maximum from 85 to 100 PSI but it should be MUCH faster than that.

Something I do to check a compressor that I believe to be super weak, I will take the discharge hose off the compressor when the engine is not running, and then start the engine and leave it at idle, and cover the discharge fitting with my thumb. If I can keep my thumb over that fitting and it not push my thumb off the fitting with air, than that compressor is weak.

I would not bother with changing the head with that small of a difference in price between the complete assembly. That way you'll have an entirely new compressor. Was that parts only, or installed?
It will hardly build air at 1100 it needs to be 1350/1500 it build I’ll try the thumb on the compressor tomorrow it definitely takes longer than 45 seconds
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Building air problem - JAsaro - 11-23-2020,
RE: Building air problem - JAsaro - 11-23-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.