Fan belt broke
11-26-2020, (Subject: Fan belt broke ) 
RE: Fan belt broke
(11-26-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  ...
fuel has been changed out to the new style

New style, Old style, ceramic, or new style plungers ... its ALL A PROBLEM!!! and they did not fix a damnned thing towards the engine destruction those pumps cause with all those updates they have done to those pump so far.

I.E.> It being a newer style does not mean a damnned thing!!!>.. The new style pumps fail and destroy the entire engine as well.. it just takes a few days,maybe a week or so instead of only a few hours (old style pumps) when they start to fail. - There is no indication if this until the engine locks up aside from ghost vibration or other minor fuel related issues and maybe an occasional CEL for low fuel pressure in a hard pull. The guts in the fuel pump need replacing every 400k miles of use (or equiv. engine hours) no matter what pump you have on there if you do not want to destroy your engine vie a fuel pump failure.

If you give a damn about that engine at all and that fuel pump has more then 400k miles of run time on it then you'de best be tearing the head off it A.S>A.P. and replacing those guts + giving cam in the bottom of it a good inspection. -- you have been warned and if you drive it against a failing pump, it destroys the entire engine .. there is nothing that can be saved after a few days of running it like that ... the metals go thru the entire engine and destroy so much stuff ... crank, gears, compressor, turbo, literally everything that needs oil ... that it is cheaper to spend the $36,000 for an entinre new enigne.

Just a throwing this out there as a warning for those who do not know. We see a lot of engine failures around here on all the common rail 2250 and 2350 ISX models just for this reason alone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-26-2020, (Subject: Fan belt broke ) 
RE: Fan belt broke
I replaced the pump about two months ago it probably has about 20000 miles on it..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.