Cummins ISL won’t start
11-25-2020, (Subject: Cummins ISL won’t start ) 
Cummins ISL won’t start
I have a 2005 KW with an ISL 350. It turns over until the batteries are drained and will only crank with starting fluid. Once running seems fine other than smoking. Turn off and try to start right back, nope.
replyreply
11-26-2020, (Subject: Cummins ISL won’t start ) 
RE: Cummins ISL won’t start
Do you have any other details? This could be caused by a whole range of things such as:
Air in the fuel
Plugged filters
Plugged pickup
Shattered fuel pump plungers
Failed fuel pump actuator
Low ECM voltage

Do you have access to Insite?
replyreply
11-26-2020, (Subject: Cummins ISL won’t start ) 
RE: Cummins ISL won’t start
(11-25-2020 )DD12 Wrote:  I have a 2005 KW with an ISL 350. It turns over until the batteries are drained and will only crank with starting fluid. Once running seems fine other than smoking. Turn off and try to start right back, nope.

- Check fuel pressure is above its minimum required while cranking.

Not sure about ISL, but the older ISX engines, they would do this (before common rail) whenever the shaft for the gear pump would snap internally. - Won't start for s$it, but once running, it would spin the snapped shaft enough to keep the fuel pressure up. - Only indication is that when checking fuel pressure during cranking, it never gets up to the required minimum pressure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.