Cm2350
11-29-2020, (Subject: Cm2350 ) 
Cm2350
I have a cm2350 and i just replaced all 6 injectors. The truck uses def and every blue moon it will do a "regen". I had some soot before on the stacks but now it is super obvious something is going on. I bought the truck uses back in april and was planning on doing a delete once i had the quirks worked out but the truck has "stop engine dpf clogged" on it so i am not sure what to do with it. I planned on going back on the road tomorrow. Cummins is supposed to call so i can get insite.
replyreply
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
Sounds like you could have some significant issues....was the truck already deleted? Should be no spot on the stacks of dpf filter is intact, or may be significantly plugged up and cracked, or maybe was an issue with the previous owner and they drilled holes in the filter to temporarily get the truck out the door... take the dpf out, examine it, and go from there.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
RE: Cm2350
Does anybody know about a partial delete it something like that, that would still use Def while also smoking?
replyreply
(11-29-2020 )Smiling lemon Wrote:  Does anybody know about a partial delete it something like that, that would still use Def while also smoking?

No, is the truck deleted or is everything still intact? Do you own an Inline reader and Insite software? If not, head over to eBay and pick up one. Honestly, it sounds like the cans are shot if it is smoking and leaving ash on the stacks.

How many miles on the truck? Sounds like it is carbon packed. Have you looked under the valve cover to inspect the cam and rollers?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(11-29-2020 )Smiling lemon Wrote:  I have a cm2350 and i just replaced all 6 injectors. The truck uses def and every blue moon it will do a "regen". I had some soot before on the stacks but now it is super obvious something is going on. I bought the truck uses back in april and was planning on doing a delete once i had the quirks worked out but the truck has "stop engine dpf clogged" on it so i am not sure what to do with it. I planned on going back on the road tomorrow. Cummins is supposed to call so i can get insite.

stop engine dpf clogged"
Do what it is telling you to do!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I have the inline but i had problems with the software that came with it. The truck is at 540k i have heard some stuff about people drilling holes partially trough the cans but i have never seen it before. I have had the truck for about 7 months now, i am thinking about shoving a bore scope to them to see what is going on
replyreply
11-30-2020, (Subject: Cm2350 ) 
pull the DPF and DOC and have them baked, de-ashed and flow tested at the stealers$it... they usually only charge a few hundred if you pull them off yourself and take them to them.

inspect the SCR element for face plugging etc. while your under there and it is apart.

also do a full egr tune-up... those cans don't make soot ... the engine does when it is not running correctly.

Also, you did not mention why you replaced all 6 injectors at once. Hopefully it was not someone's blind-man guessing game at the expense of costly components. - Will it pass a rail leak-down test now that they have been replaced?. What is the leak rate in one minute?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Smiling lemon
(11-30-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  pull the DPF and DOC and have them baked, de-ashed and flow tested at the stealers$it... they usually only charge a few hundred if you pull them off yourself and take them to them.

inspect the SCR element for face plugging etc. while your under there and it is apart.

also do a full egr tune-up... those cans don't make soot ... the engine does when it is not running correctly.

Also, you did not mention why you replaced all 6 injectors at once. Hopefully it was not someone's blind-man guessing game at the expense of costly components. - Will it pass a rail leak-down test now that they have been replaced?. What is the leak rate in one minute?

It was not passing a leak down test and when i pulled off the fuel lines only 3 actually had fuel in them. The dealership offered me 1150 each for 3 or get all six at 973 so at 540k i just did them all. Have you ever seen them washed with a house before?
replyreply
I also do not do not have cummins insite yet so i have not been able to adjust the trim codes
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.