isx cm2250 enigne brake
04-29-2021, (Subject: isx cm2250 enigne brake ) 
isx cm2250 enigne brake
the engine runs for a few seconds and then dies. watching it i can see the engine brake solenoid leaking like crazy , could this be the issue?
replyreply
RE: isx cm2250 enigne brake
Any engine fault codes?

Some history and background ... perhaps what has been done so far .. would likely help too.

What is the oil pressure getting to?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
no fault codes, the eng was rebuilt 500 or so miles ago. no issues with it until now. i changed the leaking solenoid with a new one and now it just leaks a little and seems to run fine . when it was running ruff all the engine brake arms where moving up and down. now i only have one of them slowly moving down and up and the rest stay stationary and up.
replyreply
engine brake arms should not be moving unless engine brake is ON... and they certainly should not be moving at idle.

are they moving when you unplug the engine brake harness?

BTW: a stuck engine brake solenoid will not cause the engine to not run.

Also, if it were hemogaring oil badly and would not stay running, there would be low oil pressure codes ... that or you would see the low oil pressure in the dash oil pressure gauge... hence my earlier question you did not answer... What is the oil pressure getting to?

"built 500 miles ago" -- very few shops any more are any good at rebuilding an ISX properly but that is a whole other subject.

some possibilities/guesses as to why it will not run...

- Any custom programming in it? (is it deleted)? ... If so, for all you know it could be in a shutdown condition and the fault codes blocked from showing up in the dash.

- Fuel pump is destroyed and unable to keep up with engine. Anyone pulled the head off the fuel pump and inspected the plungers, barrels, and cam in bottom of pump?

- Sucking air?.

- loosing power to the ecm?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-30-2021, (Subject: isx cm2250 enigne brake ) 
the engine runs fine after we let it sit over night , on road tests once they engage the engine brake it dies out. i replaced the solenoid and it has been running fine and no longer leaking oil. going to have them road test it but i believe once they hit the engine brake again it will die out and not run once they do that i will get a reading on the oil pressure. what could cause the once engine brake rocker to be moving ? bad rocker?
replyreply
(04-30-2021 )hct5 Wrote:  ... rocker to be moving ? bad rocker?

bad rocker, bad detent, possibly starved of oil, ecm is commanding it to be on, and/or worn out rocker shaft. .. take your pick.

replyreply
(04-30-2021 )hct5 Wrote:  the engine runs fine after we let it sit over night , on road tests once they engage the engine brake it dies out

could also be the turbo hanging up at a high position, or intake air throttle device (if ti has that option) choking the engine out.

is the enigne deleted (de-mandated)?

replyreply
Double check overhead valve adjustment. Check jake rockers/rocker shaft for proper clearances. Maybe check that cam hasn't slipped.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.