ISX crankcase filled with water
12-03-2020, (Subject: ISX crankcase filled with water ) 
RE: ISX crankcase filled with water
* first and foremost, get rid of that paper garbage over-priced filter. Put the maintnence free element in there from cummins. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...50#pid8950

* Next, that is a lot of moisture.... Did the truck sit a while after the inframe? -- or did the shop leave the valve cover off it and it outside in the rain? -- that is a lot of slop... far more than normal.

* Is the coolant level dropping? ... keep a close eye on that.

* Did anyone bother to ensure the CAC was not full of water on first crank? -- How about sabotage, where someone is dumping water in the oil?-- You never know.

* Last.... Why was it inframed? -- what exactly failed, what mileage, some history etc. ? -- and what was done exactly? -- Were counter-bores cut? what is the new liner height? -- etc.etc. etc.. -- because many shops any more can't build an ISX engine worth a damn any more and they blow head gaskets and have repeating failures due to poor workmanship by most places and the stealers$its and OEM certified shops are the absolute worst of them all for this.

* Lastly, Why would it leave a shop with a fresh inframe and have that much moisture in it? -- Something does not add up.

* Pull the valve cover ... the rest of the top-end may be just as bad... maybe it needs a flush if it has gotten too much water in it ...and with the look of that CC filter ... it certainly needs an oil change at the very least A.S.A.P..

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX crankcase filled with water - Rawze - 12-03-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.