exhaust doser
12-06-2020, (Subject: exhaust doser ) 
RE: exhaust doser
(12-06-2020 )JasonH Wrote:  "Maybe after the first of the year I can make an appointment to bring it to ya and we can go over it together since I don't have anyone trust worthy around here. This way we can see what exactly has been done to it."

Thanks again.

If me, I would call Mr Hagg and make an appointment, or maybe Rawze will invite you over for a look see, that is up to him. Here is (Jerry) Mr Hagg's number and address. Both Rawze and Mr Hagg are just south of Atlanta GA...

Haggai Automotive and Diesel
1228 High Falls Rd,
Griffin, GA 30223
Opens 8AM Mon
Phone: (678) 688-8107

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
12-07-2020, (Subject: exhaust doser ) 
RE: exhaust doser
I spoke to Jason on the phone, really good guy, can wrench but of course is tight on cash at the moment. Sounds like he has a terrible delete on the motor, he is going to drop the cans tomorrow to see if they are hollowed out, thinking that may be the cause of the turbo failure. He is not far from Atlanta, maybe Rawze could invite him over? LOL! As I said, he can wrench, but like many of us, he misses his "Dumb Phone" if you know what I mean in regards to the computer side of things.

He may be able to get a local shop to extract the file off of the ECM, but by all descriptions he bought this truck with one butcher shopped ECM, which in my opinion, took out his turbo. From what he said, he is getting a tremendous amount of heat at the turbo, and unfortunately, he currently does not have a pyrometer on the motor, but is on his list. the guy needs some help.

He has that HEV400 turbo and his HEV500 turbo with a bent shaft, everything is still intact, it did not blow apart as he caught it in time and took it out of service before any real damage was done. I told him to call YTS and see if maybe they could do some horse trading to get the proper turbo on the motor. I hope he calls and keeps us informed.

Thinking outside the box, seeing as Jason is not far from Griffin, maybe he could take his ECM off the truck and take a trip out that way? Again, just thinking outside the box... ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.