exhaust doser
12-05-2020, (Subject: exhaust doser ) 
RE: exhaust doser
- As far as the Doser pipe and connections, if it is de-mandated, they do not need to be hooked up, although the lines need to be dealt with, capped, bypassed, etc.

* Next, stop listening to the morons at the stealers$it... they are beyond clueless when it comes to questions like that!.

* Next, just because you have a 400-series turbo lying around does not mean you should be putting it onto your CM871. What engine ser# (ESN#), power settings of the engine, what type of trucking operations do you have, weights, average fuel economy per ifta quarter,... etc... because if you go about putting that 400 series turbo onto that engine that normally takes a 500 series turbo onto it, you could very well be shooting yourself in the foot. A 400-series turbo is quite a bit smaller and on a CM871, they will not be able to handle the same power capacity.

The quicker response of the 400 series turbo will mean a shortened engine life (from 800k miles down into the 600k mile expected range) for any power level much above about 450HP or 1750trq depending on truck gearing, type of operations, and how hard the thing is driven below 1500 rpm's.

I know you mentioned the return line but i am stating this about the high pressure side iof it between the oil filter housing and the turbo as a heads up ...

With regards to the oil pressure supply line .... It is ONE OF THE MOST CRITICAL OIL LINES ON THE ENTIRE ENGINE THAT IS EXTERNAL TO THE OIL PAN!!!! --- PERIOD!... and if that line were to leak or blow out on you, you can kiss that engine goodbye in a hurry!. That oil line is noting to play with there and has been the complete death of many engines that I have seen when it fails. It only takes about a minute or 2 and the slight hint of oil small in the cab of the truck after it pops ... and it is engine lock-up city if your climbing a hill or going down the roads at speed. By the time your oil light goes off and shutdown occurs, the engine usually cannot be saved after that line fails and no one catches it quick enough... JUST GIVING YOU THIS WARNING!.

-- NO .. YOU CANNOT USE A RUBBER HOSE OR PATCHED LINE TO EXTEND THE HIGH PRESSURE TURBO SUPPLY LINE ... IT TAKES A HIGH-TEMP BRAIDED STEEL HOSE DESIGNED FOR HIGH PRESSURE, HIGH TEMPS, HOT OIL TO GO THRU IT... ONLY A PROPER SOLUTION WOULD SUFFICE!. Find a correct length oil line (possibly the correct part# from a CM2350 in that same place) and use that instead.

- The return line that you mentioned is less critical, but you should be able to find the right part# off a 2350 for one that is the proper length so that it does not have to be patched. Any restriction in the return line at all and your turbo will bleed oil.

-- My advice... unless your a hyper-miler and don't give a damn about the power and performance of your truck.. are trying to down-size your turbo on purpose ... you would be far better off and less headaches, less problems, etc... by buying a reman turbo from YTS in griffin.GA for about half the price of the stealer$hits and offer them your good 400 series as a trade-in + the bad turbo you got. Maybe you get some more off the price,.. who knows, i cannot speak for them.

* Last but also foremost, Who did the delete programming? that is the biggest concern of them all. More engine destroying bad programs out there than a person can shake a stick at. As well, if the turbo is down-sized, it will require some ecm re-programming by someone who knows how to do this properly. Most of those garbage-can delete shops and the guy doing the programming for them, these guys are completely clueless and would not know where to start to even begin to get it right. That is the next challenge beyond any hardware mods, sacrifice in power and performances that would be necessary , etc..

Can it be done? -- Sure... Should it be done??? -- Not if all your trying to do is save some $$$. because it very well could you a lot more down the road. it would be like jumping over a dollar to save a dime. Somethng like this should only be considered if you have a specific need or purpose for it outside of simply trying to save a few bucks because what otherwise, your trying to do is going to change significantly how that engine runs and its programming needs. Just because you got a spare turbo laying around that is smaller than the one you have on there does not mean it needs to be slapped onto the side of you engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
exhaust doser - JasonH - 12-05-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - Rawze - 12-05-2020
RE: exhaust doser - JasonH - 12-05-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - Rawze - 12-06-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - Waterloo - 12-05-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - JasonH - 12-06-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - Rawze - 12-06-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - JasonH - 12-06-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - Waterloo - 12-06-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - Waterloo - 12-06-2020,
RE: exhaust doser - Waterloo - 12-07-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.