Egr
12-09-2020, (Subject: Egr ) 
Egr
Not sure how to word this correctly so that it fits the comfines of the site. Im looking for reccomendations on an egr delete kit for a demandated cm2350. Any that have been used with success? Any things to look for particularly? Dm me if necessary. Thank you.
replyreply
RE: Egr
The general recommendation is that the EGR systems components are left in place, but that the exhaust ports of the EGR cooler are welded shut with a thick disc of stainless steel, and the EGR crossover tube connection at the intake manifold is done the same with same style of stainless disc.

The EGR cooler needs to be left in place to help supply coolant to the back of the engine. If removed you need to install a bypass tube or a hose where the coolant connections for the cooler used to be.

I personally have not found a source of those discs to block the exhaust of the cooler. I have to make them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BIASRacing
Pm mr. Hagg.
replyreply
(12-09-2020 )Coronado126 Wrote:  The general recommendation is that the EGR systems components are left in place, but that the exhaust ports of the EGR cooler are welded shut with a thick disc of stainless steel, and the EGR crossover tube connection at the intake manifold is done the same with same style of stainless disc.

The EGR cooler needs to be left in place to help supply coolant to the back of the engine. If removed you need to install a bypass tube or a hose where the coolant connections for the cooler used to be.

I personally have not found a source of those discs to block the exhaust of the cooler. I have to make them.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
No, those discs are normally junk. The block off plug, EGR Cooler exhaust, is the only one we use, it is a very beefy machined chunk of stainless steel. Mr Hagg has them. Everything else on the motor is left alone, no plates or removing anything. Mandate is taken care of with the computer, and of course the cans... Call Mr Hagg and make an appointment. Just make sure the motor is healthy, open the top and inspect the cam shaft and lobes for starters. If the cam or rollers are chewed up, you are going to need work prior to eliminating any mandates.

The reason those kits are junk, is that the stainless steel is suspect, and thin. The exhaust gases quickly destroy these inferior parts. The plugs we use are roughly an inch and half deep, made out of quality, I forget the number, American Made stainless.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BIASRacing , Rawze
(12-09-2020 )BIASRacing Wrote:  
(12-09-2020 )Coronado126 Wrote:  The general recommendation is that the EGR systems components are left in place, but that the exhaust ports of the EGR cooler are welded shut with a thick disc of stainless steel, and the EGR crossover tube connection at the intake manifold is done the same with same style of stainless disc.

I should have specified, I can't find a source that fits my requirements for quality.

Like Waterloo said, you need thick high quality stainless to prevent the erosion from exhaust gas.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BIASRacing

Good deal. I will reach out to him. The demandate has been done for roughly a year. Flawless, like it should have been from the factory. The mad scientist verified the particulars and said they were exceptable. I'd like more oomph but whatever she works great and I can squeeze 9mpg out of her on good days. I have a leak around one of the egr tubes "donut gasket," but only after the truck has been off for usually a couple of days. I figure its time to go ahead and take care of that part of it.
replyreply
Indeed
[/quote]

I should have specified, I can't find a source that fits my requirements for quality.

Like Waterloo said, you need thick high quality stainless to prevent the erosion from exhaust gas.
[/quote]
replyreply
Mr Hagg may fix you up, they are made right there in town. Rawze did all of the measurements, picked the SS rounds and what not, so you know they are of good quality. And I know they were not cheap, even in a bulk order.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.