2016 prostar with cummins isx15
12-19-2020, (Subject: 2016 prostar with cummins isx15 ) 
RE: 2016 prostar with cummins isx15
(12-19-2020 )cowboy823 Wrote:  ...2.64 rear end 10 speed auto.

That truck has been lugged its whole life... I would not give more than 10k for it knowing it will be in need of an inframe and the rears needed changing out to something like 3.79's make it half-way road/freight worthy.

Auto$shitter tranny with its high operating costs + 0.6 mpg lower fuel efficiency ... not worth it either unless you have a specific/special need for one of those.

That is the trouble with the used truck market right now.. full of trucks that have been abused heavily by tall-arsse engine killing rears by the fleets who could care less if it makes it past the warranty before if frets a liner out of it or carbon packs itself to all he#lll.

-- You could not give me that truck. That is what I think of it any ways. My advice would be for a person to keep looking for something more suited to hauling freight that was designed around lasting a million miles instead of a fleet-crap spec like that which was designed solely to kill the drivers right foot and severely limit power while torturing the engine at its highest torque at low rpm's, all at the cost of the engines longevity, killing to about 50% of normal.

With 2.64 rears in it, you might as well multiply the miles by about 1.8 or so and you will find the true amount miles/age of that engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 prostar with cummins isx15 - Rawze - 12-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.