Installing boost gauge
11-06-2021, (Subject: Installing boost gauge ) 
Installing boost gauge
I purchased a Glowshift boost gauge and all the fittings Rawze mentioned in the install video and the fittings would not thread into the port.So I’m wondering if I can just tap into the pipe before the last boot and install the copper fitting that comes with the boost gauge there?
replyreply
RE: Installing boost gauge
Anywhere between the turbo and the intake manifold will work just fine.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(11-06-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Anywhere between the turbo and the intake manifold will work just fine.

Thank you!
replyreply
11-07-2021, (Subject: Installing boost gauge ) 
I pulled threaded plug from my intake and had the threads checked to see what size they were, I believe it was 14mm 1.5 taper. Nobody in my area had anything to reduce that down to the 1/8 so I hit up Google. Auto Meter makes a one piece fitting in that size which I ordered from Summit for about $20. Another suggestion I got from someone was to get a bolt that thread size and find someone with pipe taps that small. Drill and tap the bolt.

User's Signature: 2013 KW t-660 CM2250, 10 speed auto, 3:55 on 22.5 lp,
replyreply
Ended up tapping the pipe but it came out a bit loose once I put the fitting in so I put JB weld on the threads lol.The issue I’m having now is that the gauge doesn’t move after I wired it all up.The gauge lights up but the needle does not move.
replyreply
Could just be a faulty gauge, they do come from China.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
11-08-2021, (Subject: Installing boost gauge ) 
(11-07-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Ended up tapping the pipe but it came out a bit loose once I put the fitting in so I put JB weld on the threads lol.The issue I’m having now is that the gauge doesn’t move after I wired it all up.The gauge lights up but the needle does not move.

Maybe try applying air pressure manually to make sure the line isn't kinked or clogged somewhere. The airline on those gauges is so small it wouldn't take much debris to cause it be heavily restricted.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Redland1
11-10-2021, (Subject: Installing boost gauge ) 
(11-08-2021 )SquareOne Wrote:  
(11-07-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Ended up tapping the pipe but it came out a bit loose once I put the fitting in so I put JB weld on the threads lol.The issue I’m having now is that the gauge doesn’t move after I wired it all up.The gauge lights up but the needle does not move.

Maybe try applying air pressure manually to make sure the line isn't kinked or clogged somewhere. The airline on those gauges is so small it wouldn't take much debris to cause it be heavily restricted.

That was the issue thanks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.