Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
01-06-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
Hello everyone.
2013 cascadia 2250 . Yesterday i noticed something weird going on
truck shut off twice when parked . I was outside the truck i didn't know the reason for that. So while driving engine shut off and turns back on in the middle of the hwy at night it was scary. All the lights on dashboard goes out and came right back on. No engine light what so ever. i search on YouTube they said its power module the call it PNDB. Or the power switch. I happens 5 times on the road after driving about 300 miles amber light came on with spn 157 fail18. I serach it again on line it has some thing to do with fuel pressure rail. It's true that truck it has less power than normal .i was loaded with 36k lbs on it. So my question is does electrical problem could cause fuel pressure failure . Thx alot
replyreply
01-06-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
If all the lights in the dash are going out at the same time, it is most likely an electrical issue.

... however you mentioned fuel system issues as well...

Will it pass a rail pressure leak-down test?

ref:

Next, does the fuel pump have more than 400k miles of run time on it since the last time its guts were changed?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you rawze for responding, actually the fuel pump looks never been changed it still red color. Truck has 520k on it i look everywhere in the engine and under no leaks at all not even drop unless it leaks inside engine that something i will not know. .all those sensors you mention on ur tuneup videos been replaced i had about 80k miles on them now.like you said may be fuel pump or fuel injectors. I just had ultimate PM last week i don't think is fuel. filter either. We will see. thx again
replyreply
(01-06-2021 )medseg2003 Wrote:  Thank you rawze for responding, actually the fuel pump looks never been changed it still red color. Truck has 520k on it

YOUR ON BORROWED TIME GAMBLING YOUR LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you value that engine at all ... YOU NEED THAT PUMP PULLED APART AND THE GUTS CHANGED A.S.A.P!!!

I don't know if you are aware of it, or if you have been informed yet ... but ... those fuel pumps on the 2250 and 2350 engine are the fuel pump of total engine destruction. replacing the guts every 400k miles or so pretty much prevents it. ... they usually go out in the 500 - 600k range on mileage and your right up there with it.

Those engines should have a HUGE DAMNED LABEL on the side of them stating that the fuel pump fails and destroys the entire engine without warning if it is run much past 400k miles (or equivalent engine hours) without replacing their guts (tappets, rollers, and plungers).

Don't say you have not been warned if you keep driving that thing and you come on here one day in the near future and cry that your engine is completely destroyed by that fuel pump with no warning (except a bit of power loss and a fuel pressure C.E.L. perhaps if your lucky) whatsoever. Once that thing goes out, it is only a few hundred miles or maybe you get a couple days of driving it, not knowing it is completely destroying the entire engine .. nothing can be saved... not even the crank, turbo ... nothing .. it chews up everything.

That should be top priority for the thing above all else at this point!... and you had best be counting your lucky stars if it is not chewing up and destroying your engine as you read this considering your having fuel pressure, power loss, and other related issues.

here are some related posts...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...84#pid2884

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid15389

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid50245

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid32180

and there are plenty more.

Maybe a couple of the other ppl on here will chime in and let you know what should be done / their experiences on this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you so much for ur advice, i never knew that fuel pump needs to be changed even if it's not broken down. I will replace it tomorrow. You saved me i will pray to God to save you from any difficult situation. thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.
Is there any thing i need to replace even if its not broken down? Witch can save the engine? Thx again
replyreply
This is an image from a previous thread. It will have the part numbers you need in order to replace the guts of the high pressure pump.

http://rawze.com/forums/uploads/201709/p...2b3b95.jpg

If you register your engine serial number with QuickServ, it will have all the needed info and procedure to follow in order to complete the rebuild. Give yourself a few dedicated hours and a VERY CLEAN work area. In fact, clean the pump area thoroughly before beginning the repair.

***Just as a side note, you will need a vise and a torque wrench in order to complete the repair. Follow the procedure and pay close attention to every step.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: medseg2003 , Rawze
01-07-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
Makes a person wonder what else on that truck and engine has not been services/maintained.

(01-06-2021 )medseg2003 Wrote:  ... all those sensors you mention on ur tuneup videos been replaced i had about 80k miles on them now.

Makes me wonder who did this and how extensively?.

The EGR Delta-P sensor, if it or its feed-lines (mounting block under it) clog up will cause power hesitation too. Exhaust restrictions, intake restrictions, and all sorts of other things.

Makes me wonder when the last time all the 250k mile maintenance was done? .. If the 500k mile maintenance has been done? When the valve train was last adjusted? Last time it was tested for injector leak-down (post above), Crank shaft damper replaced at 500k miles? Last time the hub axles were re-torqued?, etc.etc.etc on and on it goes. Trucks have a LOT of maintenance and many people who become O/O these days have no idea or proper training about how much stuffs needs to be done on the equipment on a regular basis and then wonder why it all falls apart, blaming the equipment instead of the neglect when they are at the other end of a tow-hook or facing expensive repair bills.

Here is the maintenance schedule for my prostar. Much of the items on it would apply to most trucks these days. I suggest you use it as a reference so that you can come up with your own for your own particular truck and engine. You would be far ahead of the game if you did and then stuck by it.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid26680

replyreply
01-07-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
It seems like it s been like it been changed before and been painted. Paint the paint peels off easily this is the picture for it

it looks the same like the new one in picture thx
replyreply
Also i want to start the engine this morning guess what, no check engine light at all it just disappear. I am just lost i don't know what to do. But i am just gone take it to freightliner and replace those part you told me ,i don't want to chances i will do update thx
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.