Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
01-07-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
It's hard to tell in the pic, but it seems to me like it's the original pump. The heads of the bolts don't seem to have any paint missing from being removed and installed. The paint peeling could have easily been initiated by time and/or a pressure washer.

I literally just replaced the guts of mine again on Monday. I have a 2350. The total parts cost was $464.49. Thats everything needed to rebuild it properly. Barrel/plunger , tappets, head gasket, and a few sealing rings for the 2 banjo bolts.

When I first bought the truck (Feb 2019), I went ahead and opened the pump and replaced the tappets. The barrel/plunger wasn't available at that time without purchasing the entire head assembly. Upon inspection, the original barrel/plunger assembly operated properly and looked fantastic. When I put the truck down at the end of 2020 for maintenance, I went ahead and opened the pump up again and replaced everything. Everything once again (with 440k miles) looked fantastic and easily would have been able to be reused according to Cummins. For under $500, there was no way I was going to put the pump back together without replacing everything again.

My point is..... dive into this and get it taken care of. Like Rawze and many others have said, the low fuel rail pressure code is usually too late. That $464 and a few hours of labor will rapidly turn into 25k+ and weeks of down time!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road - SquareOne - 01-07-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.