Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
01-14-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
Wow, something tells me he doesn't understand just how lucky he got!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
01-14-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
Ref post 12 in this thread just to reiterate what was previously mentioned. Very cheap insurance to change those critical components. You already have it apart, now replace the mentioned components before reinstalling.

----- Yes, compared to many others, you have dodged a bullet indeed ------
replyreply
01-15-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
(01-12-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 )medseg2003 Wrote:  I just took the fuel pump head out and guess what it has that ceramic plangers they r not broken or damaged also i can see nothing on tappets they r smooth and free of any damage, i am concerned about fuel pump head i put some air pressure using air pump one of them move up and down and the other is not moving at all do you thing it s fuel pump head need to be replaced? Or just barrels and plungers ? Thx

You need to go play the lottery.... you have gotten VERY VERY lucky .. that pump head was built before may of 2013... it is that old.

REPLACE the tappets, plungers, and barrels/rollers ... a set of all 3 ... I.E.> all the guts above the pump crankshaft.

By taking it apart, you just saved your engine's life... and if one of the plungers is not moving freely ... then it was right on that very edge of cracking, flaking, etc.. and destroying the entire engine.

I am replacing part now, it looks like 1 tappet goes deeper than the other .both of them are locked on the pin so when i try to put back head pump with barrels and spring back to the pump it doesn't go all the way throughout because barrel and spring in the right side touch the tappet first before the left side barrels witch make a gap between the head pump assembly and the pump do i can just keep tightin bolts i am afraid to break the bolts t have attachedpictures showing what i have done
thx rawze          

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
01-15-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
(01-15-2021 )medseg2003 Wrote:  I am replacing part now, it looks like 1 tappet goes deeper than the other .both of them are locked on the pin so when i try to put back head pump with barrels and spring back to the pump it doesn't go all the way throughout because barrel and spring in the right side touch the tappet first before the left side barrels witch make a gap between the head pump assembly and the pump do i can just keep tightin bolts i am afraid to break the bolts t have attachedpictures showing what i have done
thx rawze

Follow the procedures on quickserve.cummins.com on how to do this job. Quickserv is free so if you don't have an account there go sign up and you will have everything you need to know about your engine including all procedures, part#'s and drawings like this.

There are also quite a few forum members on here who have done this job for themselves.. maybe they will chime in as well.

here is a related video that may be helpful as well.
https://youtu.be/-Gu5Eyx2SWw

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-16-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
Yes sir thanks for responding i did replace those parts same way the video shows. But after i put the head assembly back to the pump and i start engine the malfunction light came on with spn 1347 fail 3, it gas to do fuel pump actuator voltage it may be fuse or something. I
replyreply
05-03-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
(01-06-2021 )medseg2003 Wrote:  Hello everyone.
2013 cascadia 2250 . Yesterday i noticed something weird going on
truck shut off twice when parked . I was outside the truck i didn't know the reason for that. So while driving engine shut off and turns back on in the middle of the hwy at night it was scary. All the lights on dashboard goes out and came right back on. No engine light what so ever. i search on YouTube they said its power module the call it PNDB. Or the power switch. I happens 5 times on the road after driving about 300 miles amber light came on with spn 157 fail18. I serach it again on line it has some thing to do with fuel pressure rail. It's true that truck it has less power than normal .i was loaded with 36k lbs on it. So my question is does electrical problem could cause fuel pressure failure . Thx alot

I just had the same issue with a 2016 cascadia and it was the PNDB MODULE. It costs about 380 and easy to swap out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze
05-03-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
(05-03-2021 )Mdrinjak Wrote:  I just had the same issue with a 2016 cascadia and it was the PNDB MODULE. It costs about 380 and easy to swap out.

Seems to be a common occurrence with the Cascadias (maybe Freightliner in general). What was the mileage on the most recent one you replaced?
replyreply
05-05-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
For you Freightliner guys that may not know this. Freightliner, actually DTNA will provide service info free to the owner of the truck. If you bought the truck used it will need to be registered into their system A Freightliner dealer can do that. If they will. Talk to somebody in their warranty dept. If the dealer won't do it it can be done as part of the process.

The process is a PIA and can take a few weeks. So do this BEFORE you have a problem. Once in you have access to just about everything including wiring info. I have set up 3 customers so far. They allow two emails on the account. Here is the link to get started.

https://dtnacontent-dtna.prd.freightline...nForm.html

Hope this helps somebody
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , JimT , Rawze , Waterloo , Eby6114
05-06-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
I wish paccar had something like that.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.