Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
05-06-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
(05-06-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  I wish paccar had something like that.

PACCAR is real bad on SI. As you know there are some truck manual sites that have a mish mash of manuals. Freightliner was just as bad until I figured out the process I listed. Navistar is in the middle. The wiring diagrams are free but that's it. There is a middle ground. They sell a flash drive titled On Command Service Information. Usually 7 to 800 dollars. A little pricey. BUT it is all or most all the SI that is on the dealer service portal at the time they flash it. I qualify the all because I am not 100% but from what I've seen the engine manuals are exactly the same. It goes back 10, 15 or more years. A ton of info. It is not pass worded nor does it expire. It also doesn't update so if you need current info a year or 2 from now you would need to buy another one.

About 10 years ago I needed SI for some GMC 4500 trucks. they had a mutant hyd brake system with ABS plus wiring issues. I bought a DVD from Helm the SI provider for GM to the aftermarket. $400. I still have it. Has to run on an XP machine. I keep one around because I have a few other manuals like that. Anyway the DVD I got covers from 2001 to 2011. If the vehicle has a GM badge on it the info is there. Cars, pickups, real trucks all of it.

Rawze would have fun with it. I'm not much of a computer guy but this disc is kind of locked down. Cannot download it to a hard drive. Screen print and screen record programs capture nothing. You can print from it but slowly. I guess they didn't want it copied! Anyway it still gets cranked up once a year or so. Was well worth the coconuts.
replyreply
05-06-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
copying it should be easy enough, just not from windows.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
05-07-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
Try getting the shop manual for a new Honda. It's a complete screw job. You have to pay for access to Honda's site then you only have a limited amount of time to get the info you need and only allowed to download so much info before you're cut off. It's infuriating to just get torque values and sequences to simple repairs.

For vehicles that have a minimum of 7 separately monitored/controlled systems a repair shop needs to have the interface just to see what exactly the vehicle is crying about. But what good does that do if you can't then have affordable access to the proper repair instructions.

This new wave of OEM's trying to pigeon hole customers in to not only buying the equipment from them but then inturn locking them in to a guaranteed life of equipment service agreement is insane. I believe the next logical phase of all of this will be the the OEM's dictating the owners use span of the equipment by saying when its been obsoleted and can no longer be worked on. Which will force yet another new purchase which I know already happens with modern farm equipment. And the cycle repeats. Welcome to corporate communism.
replyreply
05-07-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
copying disks is illegal... but making a "personal backup" is not.

Da%mn near any CD is able to be backed up with the right software and hardware. Seen my cousin make his share of playstation and other non-copy-able disks "backups" over the years so that his originals do not get scratched up from use and abuse.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-07-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Try getting the shop manual for a new Honda. It's a complete screw job. You have to pay for access to Honda's site then you only have a limited amount of time to get the info you need and only allowed to download so much info before you're cut off. It's infuriating to just get torque values and sequences to simple repairs.

For vehicles that have a minimum of 7 separately monitored/controlled systems a repair shop needs to have the interface just to see what exactly the vehicle is crying about. But what good does that do if you can't then have affordable access to the proper repair instructions.

This new wave of OEM's trying to pigeon hole customers in to not only buying the equipment from them but then inturn locking them in to a guaranteed life of equipment service agreement is insane. I believe the next logical phase of all of this will be the the OEM's dictating the owners use span of the equipment by saying when its been obsoleted and can no longer be worked on. Which will force yet another new purchase which I know already happens with modern farm equipment. And the cycle repeats. Welcome to corporate communism.
There is a site I belong to. Primarily automotive but has some good HD stuff. I look at all the posts, usually just a few a day. What is happening on the automotive side is INSANE. Literally every function or combo of functions is running thru a module. The newer the worse it is. Multiple CAN's, some LAN, fiber, it is crazy.
Plug and play started going away hard by 2012. Read a thread the other day on a 2011 BMW. A customer had replaced to 105Ahr battery with a 95Ahr. One of the modules would not recognize the battery because of the difference in spec. The parameter in the specific module could be changed BUT every other module, about 12 would need readdressed. A particularly touchy thing on BMW I'm told.
The bullshit is endless. Most of this programing has to come off the OE site. For a fee of course. The OE sites glitch, Ford especially seems to have problems. The older the vehicle the fewer the modules but support ages out. A mess.
The truckbuilders are trendimg this way but not nearly as bad as auto. YET. DTNA aka Freightliner Western Star and whatever else seems to be adding complexity the quickest. Bleedover from their auto side.
replyreply
(05-07-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  copying disks is illegal... but making a "personal backup" is not.

Da%mn near any CD is able to be backed up with the right software and hardware. Seen my cousin make his share of playstation and other non-copy-able disks "backups" over the years so that his originals do not get scratched up from use and abuse.
I am sure it can be done. Just not by me! Not that big a deal because of the low usage. Still it is handy to have. Never got into gaming so I missed all that. Plus some focus issues.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.