ISB6.7 DEF HELP
01-20-2021, (Subject: ISB6.7 DEF HELP ) 
ISB6.7 DEF HELP
Hi guys my name is {name removed} and I have a couple m2 box trucks. Recently someone has decided to poor paint in my def tank and now the truck is breaking down everyday. I have CT and insite and have been reading everything I can find on Deleting my DPF system and what it takes. Can anyone PM me and tell me where I might be able to get the files I need for CT? 2013 ISB 6.7 cm2250 is the engine 220hp cpl3070 bz90007 ecm code. Any help is greatly appreciated. I can afford to pay for the files but I can not afford to pay someone to do it remotely. I asked for help on a different site and basically was told to f off unless I wanted to pay someone 1500.00 to do it for me with teamviewer and insite on my computer....everything I have read says you have to use calterm so i'm not sure what they are doing with insite that deletes a dpf system...Thanks again for any help.
replyreply
RE: ISB6.7 DEF HELP
I would suggest you pull the tank, lines, pump, filters, DEF injector, off and replace them .. Pull the DOC and DPF, have em baked, de-ashed, and flow-tested, inspect the SCR and post pics of everything on here. Then also do an EGR -tune-up on the engine, etc. servie everything like it should be while your at it and call it a day... sue whoever did this for every red cent of expense and lost revenue that it cost you when you find em.

If ya got no money then you should consider better business planning and determine where you went wrong in your business strategy, model, decisions, etc. 85% of ppl in trucking fail.. most simply because they don't take a hold of their problems themselves (run off to every shop instead of performing most repairs themselves) , lack of keeping after maint. costs thru preventative measures, and are horrible at managing fuel mileage, take little to no steps towards actually managing this. - All of these things can be avoided thru better habits, a bit of better discipline, and better business practices.

(assuming for a moment you live in a country where that stuff is legal)...
I also would not pay someone $1500.. or not even 10 bucks for remote programming unless I could review every single line of code they are going to put in my engine... My livelihood and career is solely reliant on my truck and the health of its engine... "jail-breaking' the ecm is the kiss of death if it is not done exactly right, and I can guarantee you that 90%+ of anyone you will ever come across that claims they can "do it right" are going to do nothing but sell you a butchered file they got off the internet for free or stole off someone else's truck somewhere and it is going to severely shorten the life of your engine. Here is some light reading and running collection of horror stories from ppl just like the ones you mention that hang out on those auto-tuning sites ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1558

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I appreciate the advice and unfortunately I can not afford to replace all the stuff on this truck. I did replace all DEF lines, doiser unit, DEF filter and flushed everything best that I could with about 20 gallons of DEF fluid and had the DPF filter baked by fleet products. Problem is def system will not prime half the time and throws pressure codes and def input line codes every day which derates the truck. I can clear codes with insite and run the truck again until it derates again. I have spent thousands. Unfortunetly I dont believe anyone can prepare for somebody destroying there truck for no reason. We have no idea who did it or why all I know is I am doing exactly as you said and taking the matter into my own hands and believe learning how to axe this mess at this point is my best option to avoid any more costly parts and time down. Once again thanks for the advice.
replyreply
01-21-2021, (Subject: ISB6.7 DEF HELP ) 
(01-20-2021 )lastmanstandin31 Wrote:  Problem is def system will not prime half the time and throws pressure codes and def input line codes every day which derates the truck. I

Sounds like you know where the problem lies, it's just a matter of going over those parts until you find the cause. Either the pump isn't doing it's job or there's a line or fitting leaking. Also, double check the filter. it's really easy to NOT get it seated properly and therefore the cover won't seal properly.

When you say you replaced "doser unit" do you mean the doser valve mounted to the decomp tube or are you referring to the pumping unit? What about sensors in the DEF system? Maybe a bad pressure sensor? If someone put paint in there I'd be suspicious of any rubber seal or o-ring. Could also be something inside the DEF tank itself.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(01-21-2021 )JimT Wrote:  
(01-20-2021 )lastmanstandin31 Wrote:  Problem is def system will not prime half the time and throws pressure codes and def input line codes every day which derates the truck. I

Sounds like you know where the problem lies, it's just a matter of going over those parts until you find the cause. Either the pump isn't doing it's job or there's a line or fitting leaking. Also, double check the filter. it's really easy to NOT get it seated properly and therefore the cover won't seal properly.

When you say you replaced "doser unit" do you mean the doser valve mounted to the decomp tube or are you referring to the pumping unit? What about sensors in the DEF system? Maybe a bad pressure sensor? If someone put paint in there I'd be suspicious of any rubber seal or o-ring. Could also be something inside the DEF tank itself.
Yes it was the doser valve on decomp tube. The pressure sensor is part of the doser valve, that is part of the reason I replaced it. If the truck is here at my shop it will pass the bypass test, leak test and even do a parked regen. Its when we are actually driving the truck that the doser input line code comes along and shortly after the 5mph derate comes. When it does this the only thing I have found to clear the codes so I can drive it back to the shop is using insite to flash the incal calibration file to it and then it drives back to the no codes or anything untill I drive it around our parking lot for a hour or so then the code comes back.
At this point I have to believe there is a tank issue but the tank is 1400.00 and a used one is 700.00. Freightliners only option for us is to replace every single component in the system which comes out to like 18,000 which is more then the truck is worth. So instead of spending any more money and time with it I'm choosing to just get rid of the whole problem.

{personal info removed}
replyreply
I'm not completely familiar with Freightliner's, but it should still be the same Bosch DEF system everyone else is using, and the pressure sensor is part of the doser pump.

The doser valve should just be a 2 pin connector used to open and close the valve, along with it's supply line and two coolant lines.

In my experience, all the doser fail to prime and low pressure codes end up relating to the pump assembly. I've had two trucks in my time get diesel into the DEF tank and had very similar issues until all parts were replaced and lines/tank flushed.

INSITE/QuickServe have very good guides on troubleshooting the system when you enter the codes being given by the ECM. Some require graduated beakers to check nozzle and pump flow.

Also if you don't have a QuickServe account yet, you can get a free one from Cummins by just registering as an Limited Owner.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
If someone poured paint into the Def tank why not try to get your insurance to cover the costs of fixing them?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
01-22-2021, (Subject: ISB6.7 DEF HELP ) 
(01-21-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  If someone poured paint into the Def tank why not try to get your insurance to cover the costs of fixing them?

WOW! Paint in the DEF tank!?! That is something I would turn in to the insurance company, no way around that in my mind. That is why you have insurance, use it in this case. This ain't a cracked fender.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
01-22-2021, (Subject: ISB6.7 DEF HELP ) 
As far as flashing an incal to clear the code... not sure that's the best way. I haven't tried troubleshooting this issue so my knowledge might be limited here, but there should be a way to clear the code(s) with insite and reset the aftertreatment counter(s) that result in the derate. As far as I can tell, flashing the file is simply clearing the history of occurrences. Like a big reset button. Once clear the counters start tracking the code(s) again until they hit the threshold and apply the derate.

So the problem only pops up when the vehicle is moving? To me that points directly to the tank/pump OR a bad/loose wire/connection.

I'd double check all the wiring to/from the pump and doser valve. Also check all you battery cables and grounds. Not sure about your engine, but my 2250 had a dedicated fuse holder and wiring harness inside the battery box coming off the positive battery cable then going directly to the DEF unit. Check those inline fuses for defect or tarnish on the blades. Check those wires for loose connections. Check the pins inside the connectors for corrosion or bad connections. The system is often abbreviated "DCU" for Dosing Control Unit (or something). Annnnnd that brings me to the last electrical possibility... The DCU could be bad. Though I'd bet on a bad connection to/from the DCU before suspecting the unit itself. Insite/Quickserve should have detailed troubleshooting information for this system and you should be able to pull up a wiring diagram for your engine (including the aftertreatment) on Quickserve.

As for the pressure sensor being in the doser valve... I'm not sure if that's true or not. But it wouldn't actually matter WHERE the sensor is located since the CAUSE of the lack of pressure can be anywhere.

(01-20-2021 )lastmanstandin31 Wrote:  Problem is def system will not prime half the time and throws pressure codes and def input line codes every day which derates the truck.

In my opinion it sounds like you need a new pump or tank (or both if they are an integrated unit).

BTW, I've heard that it's possible to lessen or disable the derates via legal programming while still keeping the system operational. Maybe that's an option until you can scrape up enough money to replace the pump? Just throwing that out there as an alternative. No one here will advocate for the removal of a functional system and unless you've been having a lot of other DOC/DPF/SCR issues then maybe it's better to keep the system intact and well maintained?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.