Inframe
02-04-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
RE: Inframe
(02-04-2021 )Ricky Wrote:  Another day at Jerry's, such a great experience. So I got to get dirty today and worked with Allison all day. She is a very special young woman and an amazing mechanic. I love working on stuff and it was great turning wrenches with her spending the day getting dirty. Jerry has taught her a lot but she has a talent for perfection and is eager to learn more. Here's a picture of the new liners she set today.

what was the liner height set to?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-04-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-04-2021 )Ricky Wrote:  Another day at Jerry's, such a great experience. So I got to get dirty today and worked with Allison all day. She is a very special young woman and an amazing mechanic. I love working on stuff and it was great turning wrenches with her spending the day getting dirty. Jerry has taught her a lot but she has a talent for perfection and is eager to learn more. Here's a picture of the new liners she set today.

what was the liner height set to?

She checked them, 14
replyreply
Allison is a hoot! She get's right in there, that is for sure.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(02-04-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Allison is a hoot! She get's right in there, that is for sure.
That's for sure, the guys couldn't get the fuel filter off a brand new 2021 Volvo because it was too tight. Allison went over and took it off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Redland1
02-05-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
LMAO! And then spit on the tire, I can see it now!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
02-14-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
Bug RE: Inframe
So the truck got finished up Saturday, Jerry took it for a long test drive. Came back and hooked up the computer and everything was great. So we wrapped everything up and I got the car hooked up and left around 2pm. I got back to NC about 930 at night. I stopped a few times just checking everything out. It's got around 420 miles on it so far and she sounds really good. A lot quieter then it was before, hopefully I can get under a load Monday.
So a rough run down of parts. Pistons, liners, rods and mains, rods were sent out checked and new bushings. Oil pump, oil cooler, water pump, thermostat, vibration damper and air compressor. Removed the front gear housing to reseal and had to replace it. A shop years ago replaced the air compressor and apparently heli coiled one of the bolts ruining the housing. New head, head bolts and manifold bolts. Everything in the head except for the injectors were replaced. Cams, all the rockers and shafts, jakes, harness, everything. It was all slap wore out. Injectors tested good so we decided to keep them. New front motor mounts, charge air boots, radiator hoses, fan belts and heater hoses were just replaced. All new filters to include air filter and the bypass filter. I'm sure I'm leaving out something. I'm very very pleased with the outcome and so glad I took it to Mr. Hags in GA. I got to meet Rawze and his wife and their awesome cooking. I got to hang out at the shop, watching, learning and I even got to get dirty. I had a great time and I kinda hated leaving. It was a true blessing, meeting and spending time with Jerry and his family.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , barf , Chamberpains , amermextrucker , marek4792 , Pd6cas2 , Roysbigtoys , t700 , JMBT , wellrun , PuroCumminsPower , RocketScott , Redland1
02-15-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
Congratulations! Looks like Jerry and the Team did a stand up job. LOOKS FANTASTIC!

This is how a real shop operates! I remember starting mine up for the first time after months of downtime in Rawze's driveway, for her SECOND in frame...

Here it is, the first attempt to start... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdRaSD9mqk

And everyone had a hand in mine, Rawze, Jerry and even Allison... You now have a million mile motor.

Now run her like you stole her, she will love the higher RPMs, run her up to 1800 or 1900 RPMs and run her like that, she will eat it up. I still run mine like that, ease into her and she just purrs... Lots of power... Sharp truck too. ;-)

And I have to agree, it is never fun leaving Griffin GA.

And remember to do the overhead at roughly 70,000 miles or so. Do it yourself, that way you know it is done right.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , PuroCumminsPower
Ricky was a pleasure meeting with you and loved the chats we had. Thank you for having the confidence in us to do this work. I know its not a cheap job and it one we take alot of pride in doing for you... Also thanks for your patience's. With this covid mess parts are getting harder to come by and I'm glad we was able to know in advance on yours to have had your parts here. Safe travels to you and we will see you soon for the 50k-miles over-head...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Roysbigtoys , JMBT , PuroCumminsPower , RocketScott , Redland1
Really cool, its great to know that there are true professionals out there that take pride in what they do. Congrats.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mr Hagg , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.