Service DEF system, Parked Regen Required... Just Kidding
01-24-2021, (Subject: Service DEF system, Parked Regen Required... Just Kidding ) 
RE: Service DEF system, Parked Regen Required... Just Kidding
(01-23-2021 )JimT Wrote:  So, I have no experience with working on a D13, but I did drive one in a 2015 Volvo for a few years. However what follows is more blanket info that probably applies to any engine/truck.

Lets start with the NOx issue

Thank you for that layout and diagnosis. I've been reading voraciously on the subject for the past few days but you laid it out more clearly than I have seen yet. I plan to dig into it tomorrow and look for corrosion, chafing, bad connections, buildup, exhaust leaks, etc. Might go ahead and replace the outlet sensor and see if that will clear it. Just thinking here but if the def valve is restricted with buildup inhibiting the spray pattern can it be cleaned? Or must it be replaced? I also wondered... if the 7th injector wasnt injecting properly would that cause Temps to be too low to facilitate the conversion correctly? If so could it be cleaned too? Maybe silly questions but thats how we learn right?
Thanks again or the response!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Service DEF system, Parked Regen Required... Just Kidding - Wildcat - 01-24-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.