EGR pipe
01-28-2021, (Subject: EGR pipe ) 
RE: EGR pipe
The pipe blew on Sunday, I had to have my load repowered. Monday I called around, not in stock anywhere, and freightliner could get it $70 cheaper than Peterbilt. So I ordered it from them. Had to give back my Tuesday load that I had previously booked.

Tuesday comes and I haven’t heard from freightliner, so I give them a call. Oops, looks like Cummins has it on back order, sorry don’t know when we can get it. F$&# @&#%%!!!!!

So I call Peterbilt and he says they have 29 in stock, whew! So I order it. Another day of sitting around with my thumb up my a$$, with piss poor internet connection.

Wednesday comes, I call Pete, he says “no it’s not in, something happened....hmmmm, none of the parts I ordered are coming.” F$&# €%#?$&!!! He then says there was a mix up with the carrier. I think he was covering for some screwup but what can I do? He says it will be in Thursday (today).

I wake up today and thank God it came in. 4 days for a lousy broken exhaust tube.

I don’t know why it happened. Talked to Hag and they said they never block the exhaust on an x15. Maybe it’s not an uncommon thing like marek said? Anyways I’m gonna see Jerry in the morning to look at my tune, maybe he will have some input.

replyreply
Oh yeah for got to say, Wednesday I was desperate and went a welding shop to see if we could repair and fab the old tube together. It was close but no cigar. Sorry for the bad pics, I keep forgetting I need to take pics in landscape so their not sideways.
replyreply
Let me know when you are there and I can stop by and say hi.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-28-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Let me know when you are there and I can stop by and say hi.

Thanks rawze, I plan to be there around 8-8:30, I will give you a call.
replyreply
Man, that's some shi#t with the parts!

(01-28-2021 )Explosia Wrote:  they said they never block the exhaust on an x15.

That's interesting. What's different about the X15 that would lead you to leaving the EGR circut pressurized? Now I'm curious.

Feel free to call anytime!

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.