W900 sleeper air bags adjustment.
01-30-2021, (Subject: W900 sleeper air bags adjustment. ) 
W900 sleeper air bags adjustment.
Hey y’all. What is the proper hight adjustment for a W900 sleeper air bags? I’m running a 2015 model and I’m wondering how to correctly set the hight. Any tips?
replyreply
RE: W900 sleeper air bags adjustment.
On the sleeper there is NO proper adjustment, adjust it to how you like the ride. just keep in mind that if it's to soft it might bottom out on a good bump.

I've actually had to go buy a piece of all thread to lengthen one on an old truck of mine to get more air in them. I've had 22 W900 in the last 32 years and have found that the eight bag air ride you want to soften ( shorten the Rod) and on the AG400 and AG380 you want to stiffen (Lengthen the rod) for the best ride. But literally every truck rides different even if they are identical. So experiment. The only thing you have to worry about is going to soft to where the cab hits the frame on a good bump. Other than that there is no official way to set them.

However the air ride on the suspension there is a recommended way to set them.

User's Signature: 08 KW W900L 600hp ISX, 18sp, 3:36 rears.
replyreply
(01-30-2021 )LRT1549 Wrote:  On the sleeper there is NO proper adjustment, adjust it to how you like the ride. just keep in mind that if it's to soft it might bottom out on a good bump.

I've actually had to go buy a piece of all thread to lengthen one on an old truck of mine to get more air in them. I've had 22 W900 in the last 32 years and have found that the eight bag air ride you want to soften ( shorten the Rod) and on the AG400 and AG380 you want to stiffen (Lengthen the rod) for the best ride. But literally every truck rides different even if they are identical. So experiment. The only thing you have to worry about is going to soft to where the cab hits the frame on a good bump. Other than that there is no official way to set them.

(for prostar)...
I had to lengthen the rod on my prostar to get the ride I like too...lol

How I set mine is that i measured the bottom of cab to the frame rails at the front cab bushings then made the height in the back match it so that is was even front to back.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-31-2021, (Subject: W900 sleeper air bags adjustment. ) 
I lined up with the fuel tanks, i wanted everything to line up. Took me a little while to get it set properly
replyreply
01-31-2021, (Subject: W900 sleeper air bags adjustment. ) 
(01-30-2021 )LRT1549 Wrote:  On the sleeper there is NO proper adjustment, adjust it to how you like the ride. just keep in mind that if it's to soft it might bottom out on a good bump.

What are the recommendations for the suspension?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.