Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues
02-01-2021, (Subject: Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues ) 
RE: Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues
(02-01-2021 )joed2323 Wrote:  Engine graph?

its under advanced ecm data ... it looks like a graph. Something about torque history i think.. Can't remeber the name of it off hand.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Hopefully this is it

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Pardon me if this is a stupid question, I've never personally played around with ECM calibrations before. But in the first post you stated that you're current ECM Code is DT904206.06 but the pics you posted show ECM Code DT90426.06? Are these actually the same thing or are they different? If they are different would that affect the analysis Rawze posted? I know it wouldn't change the fact that his CPL calls for a different program, but just wanted to understand the ECM codes.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Rpm derate graph
Shutdown graph

replyreply
Engine protection history

replyreply
Now I tried doing the def pump override test and it will never go into the test with key on engine off.
That def fluid pressure seems to have a mind of its own, drops down to 0.9 psi whenever it feels Ike it and then will rise back up to 130psi and stay at 130psi for any given time then it repeats the process over and over.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the def pressure should hold psi and stay im excess of 130ish psi?

Its like it won't even build pressure with the key on.

The def level indicator light on dash comes on and goes off randomly.

The def level and the def fluid pressure are these wires tied together?

My actual def guage on dash always reads full and seldom does it ever read below full

Another thing I find strange is the aftertreatment def fluid tank temp doesn't seem to ever get hot, going down the road it 46 degrees, it is currently 34 degrees out

The coolant lines running to the def sending unit, the orientation of the coolant lines does it matter? I followed the coolant lines back to the frame rail where there is a coolant valve with an electric connection.

I have too many weird things going on with this truck currently

I believe my def sending unit is creating most of these issues, the def pressure is showing 130psi and I have check engine lights flashing, active codes
3712 as inactive currently
Def sending unit was replaced in September and haven't really had any issues since then
replyreply
first step, as Rawze pointed out, is to get the ECM flashed with the correct update file. If this truck is stock the dealer should be able to do this without any issue. Then you can see what problems really exist, instead of phantom errors due to incorrect programming.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-02-2021, (Subject: Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues ) 
(02-01-2021 )JimT Wrote:  Pardon me if this is a stupid question, I've never personally played around with ECM calibrations before. But in the first post you stated that you're current ECM Code is DT904206.06 but the pics you posted show ECM Code DT90426.06? Are these actually the same thing or are they different? If they are different would that affect the analysis Rawze posted? I know it wouldn't change the fact that his CPL calls for a different program, but just wanted to understand the ECM codes.

Jim what I typed was a typo, the picture I posted is what ecm code I currently have
replyreply
02-02-2021, (Subject: Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues ) 
(02-01-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-01-2021 )joed2323 Wrote:  Have a 2012 ford f750 with a cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350
Ecm# 3042867
Engine serial# 73532969
Current ecm code DT904206.06

errors...
3574 = Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Pressure - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level.

3714 = Engine Protection Torque Derate - Condition Exists

3712 = Aftertreatment SCR Operator Inducement - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Most Severe Level

3596 = Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Pressure - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect

1682 = Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Dosing Unit Input Lines - Condition Exists

======================

FIRST AND FOREMOST.... that DT90420 program does not seem to be the right program for your engine and truck. Am I missing something or did some complete dips$it jump CPL's in attempts to raise the HP and torque incorrectly?

Your engine ser# calls for DT90065 (CPL-3612). and you said your program is currently DT90420(CPL-4786). Comparing the 2 programs in their entirety, here is what I see at a glance, power and torque differences set aside ...

* BTW: If someone did this to your engine in attempts to "up the horsepower" they completely screwed up!. Ironically as well, the only change to actual power and torque between the 2 programs is all above 2300+ RPM. Below this point, they are identical in power and torque. - So unless your driving it above 2300 rpm a whole lot, there was zero benefit in some idiot jumping CPL's to get it to a higher power level, but only to cause problems instead.

* The DT90065 program has SCR warm-up and temperature management features turned ON while they are disabled in the DT90420. This could dead to a lot of issues with the SCR system in general including hindering its ability to operate correctly.

* The DT90420 program is designed for a slightly different fuel pressure accumulator that is assigned to different pins on the ecm wiring. This means that the ECM is likely not getting the correct data for the fuel pressure accumulator feedback circuit.

* The DT90420 program is designed for A DIFFERENT STYLE OF TRUCK and different CAC unit, different and exhaust intake piping etc. - The truck settings are not comparable with the DT90065 program that is required for your engine. This will make the engine not run as efficiently as it should, it will make the wrong EGR requests, produce more soot and emissions systems problems than normal.

* The DT90420 program has slightly different fuelling quantities for the DPF regen process than the DT90065 program. This may negatively effect the regen and other emissions system cleaning cycles.

* The DT90420 program has more stringent O2 exhaust monitoring settings, making it more sensitive to O2 and Ammonia (NH3) exhaust errors.

* The DT90420 program is designed for a turbo with a different exhaust turbine. This could effect a lot including weakening the engine brakes for the vehicle.

* Several SCR diagnostic settings are different. I can only assume the DT90420 program may have been designed for a slightly different model SCR canister than what is in your truck?

* Urea Quality sensing is set quite a bit more stringent, however it looks like part of the error logic for it is disabled in the DT90420 program.

* Urea Dosing def quantity tables look they might be made for a slightly different Urea injector. They are certainly set for spraying different quantities in the DT90420 program.This could have a negative impact on the SCR efficiency expectations and may cause faults to happen more frequently (just an educated guess, unsure).

* Engine exhaust NOx settings are more stringent in the DT90420 program. This means the engine will try harder to control emissions in the cylinders than the other program. I Find this odd, as the DT90420 program is higher HP, but then again, it is the same exact power/torque throughout most of the operating range of the engine. Thought I would mention it any ways.

- This is what is seen at a glance. It is painfully obvious that these 2 programs are not compatible with each other and the engine, the turbo positioning, the engine brake, the emissions systems, etc. will suffer the consequences of not having the right program for the right hardware. It is called Critical Parts List (CPL) for a damn good reason!

Here is some related reading: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

Rawze, unless I'm not following you, DT90420 is this the same ecm calibration as DT90426.06?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.