Rawze Bomb Squad
02-03-2021, (Subject: Rawze Bomb Squad ) 
Rawze Bomb Squad
Here I am right in the middle of replacing the plungers and barrels in my fuel pump. 2013 2250 w/ 30,000 miles. Just as suspected had the original ceramic plungers in it. A TICKING TIME BOMB!!! I would have had no idea about this situation if not for rawze.com. You guys are like the bomb squad. Diffusing the isx bombs one by one. I know that replacing the parts isn’t a permanent fix now too. It will be on my maintenance schedule to keep track of this pump and the internals.

Potentially saved me TENS OF THOUSANDS today!! Surprising that 2 little ceramic rods are all that separating a guy from being in business or being ruined financially. Thanks again guys.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , hookliftpete , Signature620 , PuroCumminsPower , Rawze , barf , Roysbigtoys , Waterloo
RE: Rawze Bomb Squad
Disaster averted!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , ahub86
$45k + a months downtime disaster averted. (What an individual woulda paid the dealer when mine grenaded) luckily mine was under warranty and all i paid for was motor mounts and a few hose fittings.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , ahub86 , Waterloo
I think a click on the donation button is warranted. ;)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , ahub86 , amermextrucker , Waterloo
Very nice catch
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ahub86
Good point on the donation. I just hit it up. Gotta keep this forum working. Heck of a resource! It spreads too... local guys tell me “just delete it”. Used to be I would say yeah good idea, now it starts a conversation about how the engine is working and why things are set the way they are. And who do you trust to change all this on YOUR truck. Gets them thinking.

Local mechanic here is real good. Asked him this morning if he had ever done this upgrade to a pump. He has changed pumps entirely but never been into one. Going back in the morning to show him the pics and talk about it more. Knowledge is power. Thanks again boys!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , hookliftpete , Rawze , Waterloo , JimT
Not really related, but thought this was funny. I just read this whole thread and at the bottom - an ad for Ceramic 3D Printing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
02-04-2021, (Subject: Rawze Bomb Squad ) 
Why Cummins did not step up and recall all these pumps and replace the ceramic parts is sorry if you ask me.

Like mentioned it is a total engine killer.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
02-04-2021, (Subject: Rawze Bomb Squad ) 
(02-04-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  Why Cummins did not step up and recall all these pumps and replace the ceramic parts is sorry if you ask me.

Like mentioned it is a total engine killer.

The steel plungers will do it too. These are the same types of pumps used on other brands of diesel engines(same failures as well) with high pressure common rail. Must be that nobody can figure out any other way to get fuel pressure up to 30,000 psi.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.