Moving Home
02-27-2021, (Subject: Moving Home ) 
RE: Moving Home
Im really curious how many long talks in the scale house u have on ur trip. Best of luck to ya.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RocketScott
02-28-2021, (Subject: Moving Home ) 
(02-27-2021 )Lostfarmboy Wrote:  My guess is to hold pallets. From the days of pallet exchange. Bad memories

That makes sense. Anyone want some slightly used pallet racks?

(02-27-2021 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Im really curious how many long talks in the scale house u have on ur trip. Best of luck to ya.

I'm expecting several. That's why I have all the laws printed out an in a binder. Also have all the documents showing my company was closed years ago. Everything I can think of to show what I'm doing and why it's legal

I should run through the weight stations up here a few times just to go through the routine. I know I'm 100% legal here in WA

Thank you guys for all the help so far
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
I think you'll be fine as long as the truck and trailer is up to snuff.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RocketScott
(02-28-2021 )RocketScott Wrote:  I'm expecting several. That's why I have all the laws printed out an in a binder. Also have all the documents showing my company was closed years ago. Everything I can think of to show what I'm doing and why it's legal

I should run through the weight stations up here a few times just to go through the routine. I know I'm 100% legal here in WA

Thank you guys for all the help so far

With all that prep and ready for a fight, I'll bet every scale you pass will be closed and won't see a single cop the entire trip haha.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , RocketScott
03-03-2021, (Subject: Moving Home ) 
Worked on the trailer past few days

Pulled the wheel ends off to check everything. The pads looked like they had just enough material for the trip but I was worried about the hub seals. The oil level was low on both sides, it had to go somewhere...

Like onto the brake pads on the left side

I didn't get the hub seal out on that side, it came off with the hub and didn't want to pop out. I'm betting it's the wrong seal. Going to pick up two new seals based off the part number from the seal that wasn't leaking

Bearings and races look really good for having sat for so long. A little bit of rust on the spindle between the bearings from condensation but not too bad.

The S-cam bushings are a little loose. I have the trailer parked at a friend's that's been a mechanic for one of the local transit agencies for a long time. He didn't think that they were too far gone. I'm inclined to replace them since I'm in there. I just never trust that things were done right over the years on old equipment

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT
03-03-2021, (Subject: Moving Home ) 
I always like it when someone does a thorough job of something instead of making a bunch of assumptions on equipment that old. It keeps themselves and the general public safe. ... Hats off to ya!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RocketScott , Waterloo , JimT
03-04-2021, (Subject: Moving Home ) 
Not sure whose bright idea it was to let a brass air fitting swivel inside a steel bracket

I think I'll be coming up with a better way of anchoring the glad hands to the trailer

replyreply
03-05-2021, (Subject: Moving Home ) 
Got the hubs/drums back on yesterday. Sooo glad my buddy had a motorcycle jack, worked perfectly for lifting them into place. Stinks that the hub and drum are stuck together, hea-vee

I wasted a bunch of time in the morning cleaning the old brake rollers. I planned on replacing the springs but figured the rollers were ok. When I got to the parts store they pulled out a hardware kit that had everything in it: rollers, retainers, bushings, springs. All for $11. Sheesh, mental note to check into that before cleaning old parts. Same goes for tools. I was trying to think of a creative way to torque the axle nut without having to buy the socket, till I saw that the socket was $40

The new mud flaps really pull it all together...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , tree98 , Nostalgic , JimT
03-05-2021, (Subject: Moving Home ) 
Yeah, the brake kits are stupid cheap. The axle nut socket too but the 600ftlb torque wrench not so much...not the 1 inch gun for the lugs or the high cfm compressor to drive it lol. I have a small shop worth of tools in my single car garage sitting on racks lol.

Nothing like the satisfaction and quality of doing it yourself.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RocketScott , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.