Can someone please look at this dyno report?
03-31-2021, (Subject: Can someone please look at this dyno report? ) 
RE: Can someone please look at this dyno report?
(03-31-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  So apparently the guy is an idiot.What are your thoughts regarding the dyno besides it being tuned?

Well for starters he started the dyno from a cold state. Big no-no. Anytime the engine is subjected to full load like that it must be warmed up to operating temperature otherwise you could damage parts. That is per cummins requirements. Most techs that care about the job they do will allow the truck to run at fast idle till the thermostat opens, typically half an hour before running the dyno.

Temps look okay, boost is way off for a cm870, it should be pushing max boost of 38 psi. The torque curve is way to high that far into the rpms IMO.

Why no data prior to 1900 rpm? There should be a printout from idle to max rpm. Your missing a huge chunk of data there. Is it pushing 2800 lbft at 1200 rpms?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(03-31-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  
(03-31-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  So apparently the guy is an idiot.What are your thoughts regarding the dyno besides it being tuned?

Well for starters he started the dyno from a cold state. Big no-no. Anytime the engine is subjected to full load like that it must be warmed up to operating temperature otherwise you could damage parts. That is per cummins requirements. Most techs that care about the job they do will allow the truck to run at fast idle till the thermostat opens, typically half an hour before running the dyno.

Temps look okay, boost is way off for a cm870, it should be pushing max boost of 38 psi. The torque curve is way to high that far into the rpms IMO.

Why no data prior to 1900 rpm? There should be a printout from idle to max rpm. Your missing a huge chunk of data there. Is it pushing 2800 lbft at 1200 rpms?

Can the ECM be returned to stock HP and torque if it is tuned and is it worth doing?
Will Cummins have the rest of that data?
replyreply
Yeah that ecm can be flashed to stock for a couple hundred. Cummins will only have the data from whenever he hit record, so that may be all he saved.

Is it worth doing? Well.unless you want to rebuild.it every year or more then yeah it's definitely with fixing it right.

It should have hit max torque around 1200 rpm and max hp around 1800 as that is how cummins tunes them stock.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Rawze
(03-31-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  Yeah that ecm can be flashed to stock for a couple hundred. Cummins will only have the data from whenever he hit record, so that may be all he saved.

It should have hit max torque around 1200 rpm and max hp around 1800 as that is how cummins tunes them stock.

This is what he wrote back when I asked about the rest of the curve.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202103/post_3735_1617213300_8b8694e846b97442b902557df77cc2a3.png
replyreply
Pfft...then why run a dyno at all? Your paying for a dyno so I want it to show the whole curve not just max power
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
(03-31-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  Pfft...then why run a dyno at all? Your paying for a dyno so I want it to show the whole curve not just max power

Yup! What a ripoff. Based on the limited data that it has and if I were to return it to stock power and also everything else on the truck being in good condition will it be worth buying? $25k,3.90gear ratio,13 speed.
replyreply
(03-31-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Just had a dyno done on a truck that I am looking at to buy.It’s a 2003 International 9900I with 940k miles but has a 450k used motor put in.Can y’all let me know what the dyno results look like? Blowby was 4”. TIA.

That is one of the worst, most inaccurate, laziest dyno report that i have ever seen. F$kers did not even load the engine down and pull a curve off it... f$uckers didn't even let the damnned engine warm up... what a waste of money.

I am telling yall... this industry and these certified repair shops is getting dumber and dumber every year.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Nostalgic
(03-31-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-31-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Just had a dyno done on a truck that I am looking at to buy.It’s a 2003 International 9900I with 940k miles but has a 450k used motor put in.Can y’all let me know what the dyno results look like? Blowby was 4”. TIA.

That is one of the worst, most inaccurate, laziest dyno report that i have ever seen. F$kers did not even load the engine down and pull a curve off it... f$uckers didn't even let the damnned engine warm up... what a waste of money.

I am telling yall... this industry and these certified repair shops is getting dumber and dumber every year.

Now that the dyno is worthless and it’s the only one in that area what else can I do to make sure the motor is good?
replyreply
If that motor has had one of those butcher shop tunes on it, and we do not know for how long, it could very well be damaged internally to the point of needing an in frame the second you pull it off the lot, especially if it is pulling those torque values... It would be a miracle if the liners are not damaged.

You can easily return it to stock, but at this point, I would walk away. I have been through two in frames, the first one totally botched by a Cummins shop/dealer, installed the wrong in frame kit, wrong injectors, wrong cams, etc., and to add insult to injury they never cut the ledges in the block for the liners, when they said they did, even lying about the protrusions. Not soon after I was sitting in Rawze's driveway for in frame number two... Don't be that guy.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.