2014 ISX oil temp
02-08-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
RE: 2014 ISX oil temp
(02-07-2021 )BDiscovery Wrote:  ...
It was a long block, I bought the truck right after it was done.

was the long-block a used engine? .. or an official OEM re-man?

Was the replacement engine the same CPL as the one that came out?

Was the turbo re-used?. or did the long-block come with a new turbo?

Does the program in the ecm match the CPL on the replacement engine?

What is the vin# on the vehicle (or the old engine's ser# or ESN#) so that the old engine, its CPL, etc. can be looked up on Quickserv?

Those are the things you need to be looking at.

* I.E.> The programming in the ecm needs to match whatever hardware combination you have. Different tier engines have different hardware. Different tier engine have different exhaust turbines in the turbo. Different programming is made for different trucks, different intake piping, and different exhaust components.

You need to double check all this to ensure it all matches up correctly. I certainly would not trust the shop that did the work to get it right, as most shops are clueless when it comes to what matches up with what.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-08-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
Also, may want to check the oil cooler is the correct one for the HP the truck is tuned for. Not sure on the 2350, but the 2250 uses a different oil cooler for engines set for over 500hp. Could be they installed the wrong cooler or maybe reused the old cooler? or maybe engine was built for lower HP and later turned up?

idk, just one other thing to look into.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
03-22-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
(02-08-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-07-2021 )BDiscovery Wrote:  ...
It was a long block, I bought the truck right after it was done.

was the long-block a used engine? .. or an official OEM re-man?

Was the replacement engine the same CPL as the one that came out?

Was the turbo re-used?. or did the long-block come with a new turbo?

What is the vin# on the vehicle (or the old engine's ser# or ESN#) so that the old engine, its CPL, etc. can be looked up on Quickserv?

Those are the things you need to be looking at.

* I.E.> The programming in the ecm needs to match whatever hardware combination you have. Different tier engines have different hardware. Different tier engine have different exhaust turbines in the turbo. Different programming is made for different trucks, different intake piping, and different exhaust components.

You need to double check all this to ensure it all matches up correctly. I certainly would not trust the shop that did the work to get it right, as most shops are clueless when it comes to what matches up with what.

Such great information on here that you would never get from a "master certified tech".

So looked up the Serial and CPL of the old engine using the Vin as suggested.

Old engine CPL3938, ECM code 10059

New engine CPL 3937, ECM code 10049
New engine was a crate motor new from cummins, I check the turbo it matches the CPL 3937

I'm struggling to get my e-bay insite working to actually check the ECM programming. I bet its running the old programming.

Would running the old ECM code in this case contribute to the higher oil temp?
replyreply
03-23-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
Oil temperature 220 is normal for this engine under light or moderate load. Never seen above 235 under heavy pull but I don't put much stress on engine, shift down.
replyreply
03-25-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
(02-08-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  ...

Rawze,

You nailed it. Wrong ecm code for that new engine. Should be 10049 is 10059.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-29-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
RE: CM2350 factory file comparrisons...
Any information on

EF10049
EF10059

My old engine was 10059 and the new one is 10049. The current ecm programming is 10059. As stated in a different thread oil temp is running high. I'm wondering if I change it to the correct EF10049 for the new engine, cpl 3937, will the aftertreatment work correctly?
replyreply
03-29-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
(03-29-2021 )BDiscovery Wrote:  Any information on

EF10049
EF10059

YOU DID NOT PROVIDE AN ENGINE SER# LIKE I ASKED YOU TO... I DO NOT KNOW WHAT PROGRAM YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE IN YOUR ENGINE ...

you did say however that someone swapped entire engine from cpl 3937 to 3938... this was a mistake.

differences between EF10049 and EF10059...

* SCR aggressive warm-up feature is turned on for the EF10059 and not for the 10049. This will be an issue, as different technologies are being used because of different exhaust component expectations.

* Intake air throttle device is expected to be present ion the EF10049 program and not in the EF10059. This makes the 2 programs incompatible with each other.

* The Ef10059 is for a different model turbocharger than the EF10049. This makes the 2 programs incompatible.

* The 2 programs are for DIFFERENT MODEL AND TIER EXHAUST EMISSIONS COMPONENTS... they are not compatible!. Emissions issues will result.

* The 2 programs have very different egr gas request mapping in them. They are not compatible with each other.

* The 2 programs are for different trucks!.. The INTAKE AND EXHAUST piping + Charge Air cooler specs and settings ARE NOT COMPATIBLE!

* The compression ratio is different between the 2 engines... programming for this is not compatible between these 2 programs.

The list of other incompatibilities is quite long.

JUST BECAUSE THE ONE IS A CPL3937 AND THE OTHER IS 1 3938 DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE IN COMPARABILITY! ... Makes me wonder who made this bad decision... and wonder how a repair shop would go along with it so blindly.

WAS this one of those situations where someone tried to jump CPL engines to get more power in their truck>?.. did so blindly and the shop was too ILL-INFORMED to realize that none of the hardware was going to be compatible?.

WHOEVER THE PERSON THAT DID THIS TO YOUR TRUCK NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN THAT THERE ARE MANY CPL ENGINES FOR A REASON.

THE ISSUE NOW is that you have a mis-matched engine to the trucks hardware.

YOU CANNOT PUT THE RIGHT PROGRAM BACK INTO YOUR ENGINE BECAUSE THERE IS NO PROGRAM THAT IS MEANT TO RUN THIS MIS-MATCHED MESS! ONE CPL ENGINE WITH A DIFFERENT CPL TRUCK AND HARDWARE!!.

-- A FINE EXAMPLE OF SOMEONE NOT KNOWING WHAT THE HE#LL THEY WERE DOING!

THIS IS GOING TO CREATE ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS, ESPECIALLY WITH THE EMISSIONS, AS NEITHER OF THESE 2 PROGRAMS IS MEANT FOR THAT COMBINATION OF BASTARDY HARDWARE MISS-MATCHED BUTCHERING.

IF SOMEONE SWAPPED A CPL3937 ENGINE WITH A CPL3938 ENGINE... THE ONE PROGRAM WILL WORK FOR THE ENGINE, BUT BE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE TRUCK INTAKE, CAC, EXHAUST, AND AND EMISSIONS SYSTEMS... GO THE OTHER WAY AND THE PROGRAM WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE TRUCK, INTAKE, EXHAUST, AND EMISSIONS SYSTEMS BUT NOT RUN THE ENGINE CORRECTLY!.... NEITHER WILL WORK CORRECTLY!

SOMEONE f$%k#ED UP BIG-TIME ON THAT ONE! ... WHO WAS THE IDIOT WHO PUT THE WRONG CPL ENGINE IN THE TRUCK?!?.. AND WHY DID THE SHOP WHO DID THE WORK NOT QUESTION IT TO SEE IF THERE WAS A PROGRAM THAT COULD RUN IT PROPERLY?>??!?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-30-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
(03-29-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  [quote='BDiscovery' pid='63531' dateline='1617047735']
SOMEONE f$%k#ED UP BIG-TIME ON THAT ONE...

New engine serial number is 79782720 (takes program EF10049 / CPL3937)

Old engine serial number was 79653667 (takes program EF10059 / CPL3938)

I'm supposed to have EF10049 but it is running on EF10059

Looks like I have a fun project ahead of me.
replyreply
03-30-2021, (Subject: 2014 ISX oil temp ) 
Is this something custom programming can fix?

Maybe Deman is the best way to go?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.