Looking for a good shop in the dfw area
02-08-2021, (Subject: Looking for a good shop in the dfw area ) 
RE: Looking for a good shop in the dfw area
I too tend to over think things long before actually jumping in and actually trying it. This forum has become my go-to first stop for repair info, not just engines. Next I usually start searching YouTube for some kind of visual references or tutorials. Mostly to help familiarize myself with what I should expect to see and sometimes learn about the things that I might not be able to see. Then I procrastinate some more until I eventually get off my butt and get my hands dirty. 99% of the time I walk away thinking that it was much easier then I envisioned it to be. Unless I'm working on my back underneath the truck, then I'm wishing I had a proper shop to work in (with a lift or pit) instead of my gravel driveway.

This guy on YouTube also has a bunch of videos for non-engine maintenance. Maybe not the perfectionist Rawze is ;) but he can sure talk a lot and it's good reference for someone who's never seen/touched some of these things. He's a guy working on his own truck, he's not trying to sell anything, and when he screws up you get to see it and then watch him fix it.

There's plenty of other videos on youtube that are helpful and plenty that are crap. Never trust a single video/person on youtube. Always seek out manufacturer or OEM information and procedures. But, if you're like me, you need that visual reference to help make sense of the written repair procedures that you've never done before or components you've never seen before.

You didn't mention what kind of truck (year/make/model) or anything else. There's usually people on here that can and will help you, just need to ask and provide the information needed.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , TSmith , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a good shop in the dfw area - JimT - 02-08-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.