YTS turbo question
02-08-2021, (Subject: YTS turbo question ) 
YTS turbo question
Good afternoon everyone.I have a quick question about YTS turbos I went on Face and saw he has one thats 871 stage 2 billet turbo charger. Says better mileage, etc. That’s what I’m looking for more mpg. I have the smaller stock one on my PROSTAR. Is this the one that is recommended? I’ll be calling YTS this week, I noticed I have small amounts of oil coming out exhaust it’s little spots on the trucks paint on hood etc. I removed turbo boots and i didn’t see any oil but I had a runaway turbo on my last truck and definitely don’t want that to happen to my PROSTAR. Does YTS have turbo actuator too?
Thanks.
replyreply
02-08-2021, (Subject: YTS turbo question ) 
RE: YTS turbo question
(02-08-2021 )PuroCumminsPower Wrote:  Good afternoon everyone.I have a quick question about YTS turbos I went on Face and saw he has one thats 871 stage 2 billet turbo charger. Says better mileage, etc. That’s what I’m looking for more mpg. I have the smaller stock one on my PROSTAR. Is this the one that is recommended? I’ll be calling YTS this week, I noticed I have small amounts of oil coming out exhaust it’s little spots on the trucks paint on hood etc. I removed turbo boots and i didn’t see any oil but I had a runaway turbo on my last truck and definitely don’t want that to happen to my PROSTAR. Does YTS have turbo actuator too?
Thanks.

If you have an 871 motor and go with that stage 2 turbo, you may need to have the turbo tables adjusted in the ECM. If you are thinking of putting this on a 2250 or 2350, don't, it will not work properly on that motor.

Also, YTS has the same turbos stage 2 turbos for the 2250 and 2350, and adjustments are needed if I remember correctly.

And yes, they rebuild actuators. I know the girl that rebuilds them. Do they have any for sale? That I do not know, you may have to send in your old one to be rebuilt or as a core. Either way, you will get a better actuator than you will from Cummins.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy
02-09-2021, (Subject: YTS turbo question ) 
RE: YTS turbo question
My turbo was starting to hang up on occasions (had 700,000+ miles on it) ...

I have this "stage-2" intake (cold side) turbine in mine, YTS did it, asked me to see what I though of it. Been using it for about 2 months so far.

had to tweak the turbo tables slightly down to bring back in spec.

I track my fuel mileage like a hawk... it did not go up by any measurable amount.

I did however notice that response was slightly better, and all engine data shows as if the turbo was down-sized slightly. The turbine is slightly larger than factory and takes up some of the gap in the intake housing.

Other ppl have made claims of some gains, but I have not seen them on my own truck. My old turbo was working fine outside of it starting to hang once in a while. - I am thinking ppl who made these claims had bad turbo or something wrong to begin with?

The turbine he came up with and offers as a "stage-2" upgrade is not harmful as far as I can tell outside of maybe having to tweak a turbo table in the ecm to prevent over-boosting on some trucks.

Only negative I have seen so far is if someone using this different turbine in a heavy haul application, where the turbo might retain more internal heat due to the down-sizing effect that turbine has. This could lead to shorter turbo life due to turbo running higher temps.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.