No boost in first few gears
02-13-2021, (Subject: No boost in first few gears ) 
RE: No boost in first few gears
(02-12-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Is this the same engine you've posted about previously with low boost problems? Is it the same engine you swapped out of an international and put in a Volvo? Did you have the programming checked by an if the pro's from here? Have you physically checked the turbo itself and the armature for the VG ring? Does it move smoothly (a little squeaky movement is okay) with out any hang ups?

Yes ,Did not get a response about getting the program checked so put the original program back in. I have two turbos that i rebuilt myself and replaced every single part you can replace. They are high speed balanced and the squeel was from exhaust leak on #6 and was fixed. The egr is blocked off and unplugged. Just got a bench harness this week and need to get calterm going.
replyreply
(02-13-2021 )tdawg Wrote:  I have two turbos that i rebuilt myself

This could be your problem. I remember Uni saying it's virtually impossible to get an 870 turbo right without the proper fixture they use at the factory. I'll see if i can find that thread.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-13-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  
(02-13-2021 )tdawg Wrote:  I have two turbos that i rebuilt myself

This could be your problem. I remember Uni saying it's virtually impossible to get an 870 turbo right without the proper fixture they use at the factory. I'll see if i can find that thread.

After rebuilding these turbos and messing up the first and then redoing it, I found out they are not hard to do if you take your time. I have full confidence in the turbos. Saying that no one is rite all the time.
replyreply
02-26-2021, (Subject: No boost in first few gears ) 
I reinstalled the program and got a exhaust gas pressure code. It was reading 9hg. Had another one from Cummins so put it on and everything is running much better. Now it reads 29hg just like the barometric pressure.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.