Dpf code 4584 & 4585
02-10-2021, (Subject: Dpf code 4584 & 4585 ) 
Dpf code 4584 & 4585
I just bought a used dpf,scr system and installed it on a 2014 peterbilt with a Cummins isx15. I have code 4584 and 4585 special instructions. Also the computer was replaced. Do I have to do some kind of programming? Thank you in advance..new here
replyreply
RE: Dpf code 4584 & 4585
Do you have the correct program installed on the ecm?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ibanes
did anyone check the part#'s and verify they are the same as what came off it?

there are different revisions of those emissions cans that require different program to run them in the ecm.

They are not simply mix-and-match components.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-10-2021 )Ibanes Wrote:  I just bought a used dpf,scr system and installed it on a 2014 peterbilt with a Cummins isx15. I have code 4584 and 4585 special instructions. Also the computer was replaced. Do I have to do some kind of programming? Thank you in advance..new here

FC4584 - Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter System - Special Instructions. the incorrect aftertreatment diesel particulate filter system has been installed with the engine.

FC4585 - Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter System - Special Instructions. the incorrect aftertreatment diesel particulate filter system has been installed with the engine.

=========

The ecm has to see the correct ID's across the J1939 for the DPF and SCR control modules. Those are the modules that are strapped to the side of the DPF and side of the SCR unit that the temps and other sensors are plugged into. There is Data Acquisition checking that verifies these modules whenever an ecm is re-flashed with a new program that must match.

It could be a number of things including the ecm not being able to communicate with one or both of the DPF and SCR control modules (the boxes strapped to the top/side of the dpf and scr). Check the data-link wiring and plugs to/from those devices.

It could also be that those modules are no good?, or maybe lost their memory/programming?. -- OR simply that you have a set of DPF ans SCR cans that were not made for your model engine?.

Are there other associated fault codes?

What is the engine ser# (ESN#)?

What are the part#'s on the components that were replaced?

What are the part#'s on the DPF and SCR control module(s) mounted to the top of the DPF and SCR?

What program does Insite software show is in the ecm?

cummins quickserv is free... register your engine ser# and you can look up all this stuff to see if it is correct.

===========

Sounds to me like you need to go back to the source that you got the used DPF and SCR from and get your money back?. ... go get an OEM set of units made for your truck instead.

did you re-use your old modules? -- or did the replacements come with their own modules strapped onto them already?... in any event, I would not recommend using your old modules on the replacement canisters in attempts to circumvent the faults. It will likely lead to a lot of regen and other issues if those part#'s on the DPF and SCR elements themselves do not match exactly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I will look in to all this today and double check it all...will reply with findings...thank you sooo mu
replyreply
(02-10-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Do you have the correct program installed on the ecm?

On cummins insite where would I find this program?
replyreply
02-11-2021, (Subject: Dpf code 4584 & 4585 ) 
Thank you guys for all you're help.. I removed the new computer and installed a sister truck computer and problem solved..sending new computer back..it had totally different numbers..
replyreply
(ISX 15 ) THE TEMPERATURE OF INTAKE AFTER TRAITEMENT NOT GOOD .I HAVE NOT THE REAL TEMPERATURE BECAUSE IF I PLUGGED THE CONNECTOR I HAVE -40C° AND IF I UNPLUGGED THE CONNECTOR I HAVE 260C° HELP PLEASE
replyreply
(02-11-2021 )kacem abdelhakim Wrote:  (ISX 15 ) THE TEMPERATURE OF INTAKE AFTER TRAITEMENT NOT GOOD .I HAVE NOT THE REAL TEMPERATURE BECAUSE IF I PLUGGED THE CONNECTOR I HAVE -40C° AND IF I UNPLUGGED THE CONNECTOR I HAVE 260C° HELP PLEASE

bad sensor?.

Bad wire harness?

bad/moisture in connector?

incorrect ecm program?

========

more info would be helpful.

what year, make model truck and engine?.

when the issue started?

some history?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.