EGR with reduced soot issues
02-13-2021, (Subject: EGR with reduced soot issues ) 
EGR with reduced soot issues
This may have already been covered but I didn't see it.

Has anybody tried pulling the exhaust gas for the egr after the dpf filter?

Seems like it would eliminate a lot of problems related to soot.
replyreply
02-13-2021, (Subject: EGR with reduced soot issues ) 
RE: EGR with reduced soot issues
Cat did just that with their Acert engines.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
02-14-2021, (Subject: EGR with reduced soot issues ) 
it was a great idea, not really sure why it didn't work out, maybe someone will chime in that knows.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-14-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  it was a great idea, not really sure why it didn't work out, maybe someone will chime in that knows.

It did work out.

CAT got out of the game at the point where DEF fluid was introduced for whatever unknown reasons.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Wonder why that design wasn't adopted by the rest of the engine manufacturers.

replyreply
02-15-2021, (Subject: EGR with reduced soot issues ) 
I wonder what the cost to benefit ratio would be to fabricate a system on an existing truck?
replyreply
(02-15-2021 )BDiscovery Wrote:  I wonder what the cost to benefit ratio would be to fabricate a system on an existing truck?

altering the emissions system in any way is the same as a delete... even if it passes EPA standards.

the laws are written around the components/designs and not based on what comes out of the tail pipe.

==========

If you wanted to make an aftermarket egr or exhaust product that passes EPA then you will have to spend about $90,000 to have a lab set up a test bed + a $46,000 non-refundable submission fee to have a product review appointment scheduled at said lab... and then they usually do not approve on the first try... sometimes they will approve it on the 3'rd or 4'th try (costing the $46,000 submission fee each time) though if they like your idea. Otherwise, you could spend millions and they never approve of it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BDiscovery
Well might as well delete it then!!! Bastards

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.