High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250
02-14-2021, (Subject: High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250 ) 
RE: High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250
The faster you can get the heat out of the engine the better. High rpms low boost helps with this.

And yes, you definitely need to check for boost leaks. This will cause high EGT's real bad.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Possmguts
If you use cruise control going up hills it will boost to all hell and egt's will go through the roof as well. You'll also burn a lot of unnecessary fuel. Keep the rpm at 1500 or above and try keeping boost around 20 or less. Yes that means you'll have to keep downshifting, it's called driving a truck. ;)

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Possmguts , Waterloo , amermextrucker
Thanks to everyone who had input here. Will be updating with the file Rawze sent back tomorrow and checking for any boost leaks. Much Appreciated!
replyreply
Above about 3500 feet if you just lay into a 550, 1850 CM2350 you'll see bo EGTs in excess of 1200° pushing towards 1400 on a grade but you really shouldn't lay into it that hard anyways. closer to sea level though it'll stay under 1200 I'd imagine a 2250 is very similar for pre-turbocharger temperatures.. I believe and I'm sure someone who know a lot more about it will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the turbo charger is a bit under size when it higher altitudes for those horsepower levels a 500 frame VGT from an 870 or an 871 might net better results that high altitudes for egt's But you would likely lose fuel mileage as well. like I said I could be wrong though
replyreply
02-15-2021, (Subject: High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250 ) 
Talking to this guy on the phone... he is literally telling me the same story here on the phone as this person from back in 2017... here is a bit of dejavu ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid13279

Thank god you did not have that guy in effingham do the programming,.. it would have most likely been a bad review for sure. I have seen plenty of that effingham guys work and is is not good to say the least.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-15-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Talking to this guy on the phone... he is literally telling me the same story here on the phone as this person from back in 2017... here is a bit of dejavu ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid13279

Thank god you did not have that guy in effingham do the programming,.. it would have most likely been a bad review for sure. I have seen plenty of that effingham guys work and is is not good to say the least.

lol Thanks for the explanation and just the overall conversation last night, I Really Appreciate it and the insight into what to expect out of this with the tune I got. I feel much better about it now than I did.
replyreply
(02-14-2021 )Possmguts Wrote:  Thanks for getting back to me... When I knew I had to worry about the temps is when I first saw close to 1300 degrees on a climb with only 27,000 lbs on the trailer... Immediately backed out of it. I cant even run on cruise because the slightest incline will go into that higher range of 1200 degrees or more... But yes, I am babying it. Cant afford a 30,000 dollars inframe at this time lol... I read something on here where Im really supposed to be letting her climb at more like 1700 RPM verses the 1500 I normally run at... will doing the 1700 help keep that temp in check?

I run between 1700 - 1800 RPM's regardless of weight. My EGT's rarely go over 700*. The thing is this though im getting terrible fuel mileage. Im at no more than 5.5 mpg. I also notice keeping boost in check ( under 20 lbs ) is not easy to say the least.
replyreply
02-16-2021, (Subject: High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250 ) 
Sounds like you have other problems if you can't get better than 5.5 mpg.

Those rpm ranges are only for pulling. If your out on the flat or coasting you can use neutral or the highest hole.

What are your tire pressures? Have you serviced the sensors, air filter and other EGR tune up stuff?

What speeds are you running?

I get mid 6's with my stepdeck out in the Appalachians in the middle of winter and 7+ back in the summer. And Im not trying nearly as hard as I did a couple years ago for fuel mileage.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Possmguts , amermextrucker
02-17-2021, (Subject: High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250 ) 
(02-16-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Sounds like you have other problems if you can't get better than 5.5 mpg.

Those rpm ranges are only for pulling. If your out on the flat or coasting you can use neutral or the highest hole.

What are your tire pressures? Have you serviced the sensors, air filter and other EGR tune up stuff?

What speeds are you running?

I get mid 6's with my stepdeck out in the Appalachians in the middle of winter and 7+ back in the summer. And Im not trying nearly as hard as I did a couple years ago for fuel mileage.

I was getting 6 and 7 mpg before the weight reduction and tune regularly. Only dropped right after having it done.

Air filter is new, yes the 3 sensors got replaced once or twice a year as well. Tires are 100 up front and 110 on drives. And I usually run 73 to 75 where I can. I was getting 6 and 7 mpg pulling reefer too...

The tune has been fixed since I posted this and looks to be a little bit better (Only one load done since) and the EGT is much more gooder now... hard pulls I Might see 1100 degrees at most.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.