High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250
02-14-2021, (Subject: High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250 ) 
RE: High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250
(02-14-2021 )Possmguts Wrote:  ...
My pyrometer probe is located Pre-turbo in the manifold and I'm having to Really drive out of it to keep the temps in check. Trying to keep in the 900 degree range while pulling hills and under acceleration is a challenge. Because of this I am freaking out about the tune I got. I know you're probably sick and tired of these posts, but I really need some help here.

To put some more light on your question ...

If you installed a pyro probe into the manifold pre-turbo then your temps are going to be about 100~150F higher than post turbo. This is normal.

Most of what people talk about on here is all Post turbo pyro temps, so the fact that yours is mounted pre-turbo into the manifold (and not just strapped to the outside if it) means that you should be seeing higher temps by default.

POST turbo, the rule of thumb is a max temp of 1050F .. and if ya can back out of it and keep it below about 950F or so, peaking only the 1050-F max on the rare occasion. The turbo will last a full lifetime (i.e. a longer life) if you keep your foot out of it in the hills and manually do keep it 950-F or below, nothing wrong with driving like that, it will save you fuel as well.

(Pyro probe In the manifold though) ...

You said your pyro is mounted into the the manifold, pre-turbo though. - Temps measured will run about 100 - 250-F hotter in the manifold pre-turbo by default. This means that you should have nothing much to concern yourself with temp. wise until you get it upwards of about 1100F~ish+ or so .. and 900 pre-turbo is actually only going to be down in in the very conservative 800F range post turbo.

Sounds to me like your babying it and worrying about it too much vs. what it can handle and what people on here talk about, simply because the pyro is mounted pre-turbo and reading higher.

- You need to make sure there are no boos leaks, pressure check the CAC, etc. and make sure the boost levels are ok in a hard pull.

Do a rail pressure test and ensure it passes ...
<iframe id="lbry-iframe" width="560" height="315" src="https://odysee.com/$/embed/isx-injector-leak-test-for-the-cm2250/e8187fb8d70f0f06388b597cb40751c5536d03dd?r=8p8MjqctPT8PafuYA5mftGueGF8L3how" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also ensure the boost can in fact get to 36-psi (CM2250 engines only) or so in a hard pull, as lower than normal boost levels will indeed cause a bit of higher than normal egt's.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: High EGT under torque and under acceleration cm2250 - Rawze - 02-14-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.