Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo
03-07-2021, (Subject: Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo ) 
RE: Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo
Reporting back... My buddy finally figured this out, here is his text...

"Fuel tank should be good. Ball valve and suction tube plugged with algae and some foil....looks like off of a diesel treat bottle probably"

He has the 870, 3:55, 13 speed and is now reporting...

"My fuel was $850 less this week lol"

"Drove 291 more miles and spent $905.87 less in fuel!"

He is getting 9+ MPG on paper! He is not a member here, but I have drilled it into his head on how to drive the ISX. I told him to buy this truck, just seeing the low mileage, 540,000, and the fact that the sensors had been changed out along with other parts, parts that wear out in time, and so far this truck is a money maker. And he only paid $17,000 for it.

No clue who owned this truck previously, but they did take good care of it, you could tell from looking under the hood, it was not neglected. No oil leaks, dry as a bone underneath and the drive train looks good visually, no vibrations, all nice and smooth going down the road, tires wear is even across the board.

We will do the overhead on her when it warms up in a week or two, put the computer on her and see what we have. So far, the only issue is the algae and one bad bushing in one of the torque rods. We will replace both of those when he brings it over, along with a good coolant flush and hose/coolant line replacements. He also has an air leak, we are both thinking either a leveling valve or a brake chamber. We talked about that, he will be replacing the chambers, air lines and the air bags here real soon. If the neighbors stay away, and the road is clear enough to get the truck in to the house, maybe we can knock some of that stuff out here.

And the wheel bearings he will take care of himself, he already knows. Good shop here that can handle those, as we are both restricted as to where and when we can work on a truck.

I'm thinking we should inspect that heater core too while we have the coolant out... Along with a few other things, like the turbo oil return line, truck looks like it has run in the salt.

Any other odd bits we should look for on this 07 Volvo? I know my way around a ProStar, Volvo not so much.

His previous truck was an old 1987 B model KW, a true barn find he bought for $7000... The truck had 89,000 miles on it, he gave it away for the Volvo, had to finance $7000, they gave him $10,000 for the truck... The truck was gorgeous, the interior was like it rolled out of the factory yesterday. Problem is, it drank fuel like I drink beer. Never a good thing for the wallet.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Vibration damper

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Yep, on the list... Good thing he is making money, I can see him putting a few dollars into this truck, and personally, I think it is worth it.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Pressurize and check the plumbing for the air actuator on the turbo. There is an on/off test using Insite. Turn the system on and soapy water everything up over the engine back to the control module on the driverside. Even the steel braided parts. Replace and fix any leaks. That system is super sensitive to pressure problems post actuator control module because there's no feed back to anything to make adjustments if it's wrong.

Also make sure the actuator itself is traveling the full distance. Unilevers posted some time ago what it was but I can't find where it's at.
replyreply
(03-07-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  ... Unilevers posted some time ago what it was but I can't find where where it's at.

this came up on a search:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid44204

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-28-2021, (Subject: Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo ) 
(03-07-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Any other odd bits we should look for on this 07 Volvo? I know my way around a ProStar, Volvo not so much.

whats going on waterloo!

so there are air pressure sensors on the pass-thru firewall, they are most likely outdated and old as shi#t. I highly recommend replacing all of them. there is a brake chamber valve on the cross member that is close to the catwalk, it's notorious for going bad. the o'rings in the heater core under the bunk go bad, I recommend replacing those as well with a new heater core, its pretty easy to replace. The foot brake valve will eventually give out at the most convent place ever, if the fittings havent been replaced at some point like 2-3 years ago then just replace the o rings inside. the blower motor and resister need to be replaced at the same time, while you are there. take the air filter housing apart and the mount of, clean up the heater core up from the inside out to maintain the ac system. Also the wiper motor usually last for a long time but check it for rust and corrosion because it might have very little life left.

I cant think of anything else at the moment but if i do ill let you know.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
05-29-2021, (Subject: Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo ) 
(05-28-2021 )Evotrucker Wrote:  
(03-07-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Any other odd bits we should look for on this 07 Volvo? I know my way around a ProStar, Volvo not so much.

whats going on waterloo!

so there are air pressure sensors on the pass-thru firewall, they are most likely outdated and old as shi#t. I highly recommend replacing all of them. there is a brake chamber valve on the cross member that is close to the catwalk, it's notorious for going bad. the o'rings in the heater core under the bunk go bad, I recommend replacing those as well with a new heater core, its pretty easy to replace. The foot brake valve will eventually give out at the most convent place ever, if the fittings havent been replaced at some point like 2-3 years ago then just replace the o rings inside. the blower motor and resister need to be replaced at the same time, while you are there. take the air filter housing apart and the mount of, clean up the heater core up from the inside out to maintain the ac system. Also the wiper motor usually last for a long time but check it for rust and corrosion because it might have very little life left.

I cant think of anything else at the moment but if i do ill let you know.

I forwarded this info to my buddy... We talked today, he is getting 9+ mpg with this truck! I miss my 870.

replyreply
05-29-2021, (Subject: Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo ) 
Pressure protection manifold. https://class8truckparts.com/volvo-truck...ifold.html
Located inside the frame on driver side. Let me know if he needs Volvo info how to. I have a lot PDF's.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.