Gray green substance under oil cap - Cummins ISX15
03-05-2021, (Subject: Gray green substance under oil cap - Cummins ISX15 ) 
RE: Gray green substance under oil cap - Cummins ISX15
Why don't you send an oil sample to the lab to see if your oil is getting contaminated with coolant. Speedco's machine would probably even be ok for your situation. Then atleast you'll have a direction to go in.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SupVit , amermextrucker
This statement about ...
(03-05-2021 )SupVit Wrote:  ...
Volvo+Cummins dealer tested the fuel system on the road and in the bay, changed the operation of the injectors, the amount of fuel.

THIS IS COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLS$IT! -- COMPLETELY!!!!!! --- SOMEONE IS PULLING YOUR CHAIN, YOU HAVE COMPLETELY MIS-UNDERSTOOD SOMETHING THEY MIGHT HAVE DONE -- OR YOU WERE FLAT-OUT RIPPED THE H$ELL OFF! -- THE DEALERS$ITS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF ANY KIND OF "ADJUSTING FUEL AMOUNTS AT THE INJECTORS!!!" ---- THIS STATEMENT IS NOTHING BUT GARBAGE RIP-OFF NONSNESE!!

================
If you don't learn to stop taking off every place you can find every time it needs something minor done to it then its going to eat you alive. Learn to turn a wrench and work on that thing!.

- START by doing a thorough EGR-tune-up on it.

- GET yourself an Inline-6 adapter off e-bay for about $300 bucks or so + a used laptop so that you can get the software to work on it with.. Cut that over-priced, rip-you-off umbilical cord you seem to have a fetish with for all these repair shops!. All your posts so far scream "they did this" and "they did that" and "they, they, they" --- THIS IS NO WAY TO OWN A DAMN TRUCK unless you just want to go out of business!!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SupVit , amermextrucker
The fuel system adjusted? This ain't an old CAT... Like Rawze said, you are being taken to the cleaners. And do not be offended, hell, many of us have been there, I know I have, and the reason I am here. You are going to have to invest in the tools and learn if you are going to own one of these EPA trucks, there is no way around it if you want to stay in business, or have very deep pockets and like taking it up the rear end at every turn. Don't be that guy.

And that engine knock, you said they put a new compressor on, I wonder if they lined up the timing marks, or like most shops, totally skipped that step and threw the compressor on?

The ISX is notorious for its compressor knock, when it is building air. When it reaches full pressure, the knock goes away. You said the knock is at or near the compressor, I wonder if it was installed correctly? And it seems a bit odd that a compressor would fail with less than 400,000 miles on it... They normally make it to around the 800,000 mark, at least that is when mine bit the dust, of course it was the middle of winter and I froze my rear end off installing it in the driveway.

You need some help here, I would get the truck down to Jerry (Mr Hag), let him explain what is going on, fill in the blanks, give you some honest answers. And you still need the tools and the Inline 6 Reader with the software, I carry mine in the truck at all times. That Inline Reader will pay for itself the first time you need to use it.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SupVit
It's very expensive to repair at a dealer and as I see now, it's useless :)) Unfortunately, this understanding comes gradually, simultaneously with money being sucked out of pockets.

I buy every wrench and tool I need for repair the truck. Read lots of info. Prefer to fix everything by myself. But here I stuck with this loud knocking and cap. Need help. Asked Haggai Shop now.

Yes, on 2350 compressor is really loud when pumping. Does not need timing on this engine.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202103/post_4644_1614950114_78dfcc03ec4746642f68bb64a5332c0a.jpg
replyreply
(03-05-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Why don't you send an oil sample to the lab to see if your oil is getting contaminated with coolant.
I sent old oil. Lab didn't find contamination.
Or do you say about new sample of oil I found contaminated under cap?
replyreply
Do you use any fuel or oil additives?
replyreply
(03-05-2021 )SupVit Wrote:  ... Does not need timing on this engine.

I would have timed it properly any ways... all the old manuals required you to time the compressor to reduce knocking and prevent imbalance to the engine.

./uploads/202103/post_2_1614957234_b00218b226c40071d734a42054e8614b.jpg

My video here describes exactly what the old manuals used to say...

I have seen my share of them in the past that sounded like crap, simply because they were clocked wrong onto the engine.

the fuel pump has the same issues. it need to be clocked correctly too. it gets real noisy if it is not.

Not saying that is your issue... but you should always strive for the best practices when replacing components. - Sometimes they sound like crap though no matter what. The reman compressors are usually the loudest for some reason or another.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT
(03-05-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  I would have timed it properly any ways... all the old manuals required you to time the compressor to reduce knocking and prevent imbalance to the engine...
I know it, sir. I watched ALL your videos (except programming). I like to start repair work having info about every bolt and nut. That is why I asked him to check for manual again.
Anyway something worse appeared in the engine causes smoke from the oil tube, horrible knocking (claps), ...
Got load IN-NC. I will try to record knocking sound somewhere in KY climbing a hill.

(03-05-2021 )snailexpress Wrote:  Do you use any fuel or oil additives?
No.

Ps
Bought inline 6. Thanks Waterloo for assistance with making right choice.
replyreply
Sounds to me like maybe its wrist pin slap or possibly it broke a piston? Either way your going to be pulling the head to get to the bottom of this. Alot of blowby would indicate a broke wring or a hole in a piston.

Would a malfunction in the injector cause this issue without throwing a code? Doubtful but I rule nothing out until verified.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.