Help w Fault codes
02-23-2021, (Subject: Help w Fault codes ) 
Help w Fault codes
Been having fault code 5868 and 3749 coming on for a while. About 6 months ago. Did a egr tune up and replaced outlet nox sensor and def doser injector. Usually saw them when temp was 20-40 degrees outside. Now they’re coming on at any temp. Intermittently and go away.
I was told to change out def level/quality/sending unit.
Any suggestions?

1117- I started getting after I installed KeepTruckin eld. No clue on what I could do there.

0197- Is a plug on coolant level sensor. It has 3 wires to it but only 2 are connected. Every now and then I see this code but it’s rare. It does tell me when coolant is low so I’ve left it alone. Every truck on the fleet this truck came from is wired the same way. They are also the ones that told me to change out the def sending unit. That they do it to all their trucks after certain mileage.

Truck is a 2016 T680 cm2350

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Help w Fault codes
(02-23-2021 )Zondo956 Wrote:  Been having fault code 5868 and 3749 coming on for a while. About 6 months ago. Did a egr tune up and replaced outlet nox sensor and def doser injector. Usually saw them when temp was 20-40 degrees outside. Now they’re coming on at any temp. Intermittently and go away.
I was told to change out def level/quality/sending unit.
Any suggestions?

What DEF are you using? Have you ever checked it's quality with a refractometer? Maybe check your SCR for DEF crystal buildup. Have you been using more DEF than you should be?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Yea def is from the pump. Never checked it. Could very well be the issue. I did check the filter for build up and I had none. An acorn size buildup came from the def doser when I replaced it. Was really hoping that was my issue but faults kept coming.
replyreply
Did you run the aftertreatment Diesel Exhaust Fluid Doser Pump Override Test with insite ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
code 5868 = The maximum dosing adjustment has been reached. - Aftertreatment 1 SCR Feedback Control Status - Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjustment

5868 is a secondary fault code that is issued when other codes are active. the other fault code is triggering it.

Fault Code: 3749 = An offset in the outlet NOx sensor reading has been detected. (readings have driifted higher than normal).

==============

just some guessing here...
bad sensor? . bad wiring harness?. Failing system?. Aftermarket SCR, DPF, etc?. Program needs an update?. problem with DEF fluid, pump, injector, etc?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.