Isuzu Npr 5.2 Def System
03-04-2021, (Subject: Isuzu Npr 5.2 Def System ) 
Isuzu Npr 5.2 Def System
I'm getting ready to tear into this Isuzu Npr 5.2 of mine. I actually only use it around 300 miles a week. New years day I had a run away diesel on i75 and ended up slapping the breaks on it which blew the fuel injector out and caused it to swallow down a LOT of oil.

Replaced fuel injector and bolt coded injector and back in business. I'm of course having extra regens and now the system has stopped the regen cycle which is of course bad but maybe good to a point. Wife drove it and it never regened (under 50 mph lol) I drove it and it would about every 60 miles, before incident it was more like 142 miles.

I've got a derate sign without the derate enforcement.
Issue know to computer out of spec differential canister pressure. Of course I want to get rid of the whole system minus the egr cooler (I've watched a lot of videos thank you Rawz).

So basically I will R and R the whole system from the differential sensor and clean it. For the egr I used Power Blaster from of all places the Dollar General and It worked phenomenally.

Any words of advice you want to offer I'll bend my ear unless you tell me to get a different truck in that case I'm still tied to the darn thing. I do have the dealers computer and it seems that any official derate must be deleted by flashing the memory.

(Skip this part) Just a little history def injector bit the dust at 100k miles and replaced it. Cleared it and still had to have it towed to the dealer because of derate and they told me nothing is wrong with it and I told them I know please unlock my truck so I can drive it. 400.00 for the hook up and 20.00 in "parts" plus 400.00 tow caused me to buy the computer.
replyreply
03-04-2021, (Subject: Isuzu Npr 5.2 Def System ) 
RE: Isuzu Npr 5.2 Def System
I would not want to own a piece of equipment that I had to have "unlocked" by the OEM after a repair that I did myself.

Now I know never to buy an Isuzu.

as far as a "dlete" goes... you should know damn well that anything the typical clown-world delete community comes up with is going to severely shorten the engine life and be nothing but a hack-job.

oil, coolant, water, or any other liquids into the exhaust elements (DOC/DPF/ETC.) will severely weaken their ability to properly regen, as it washes out precious metals.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.