ISX, Oil pan gaskets
03-05-2021, (Subject: ISX, Oil pan gaskets ) 
ISX, Oil pan gaskets
Is anyone re-using their oil pan gasket after dropping the pan? If so how do you get the sealant off the four corners on the block side?

Also, has anyone experimented with any kind of sealant on the oil pan gasket? If so what kind works well?

Thanks, JMBT

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
03-05-2021, (Subject: ISX, Oil pan gaskets ) 
RE: ISX, Oil pan gaskets
My CM2350 has 620,000 mi on it right now in the oil pan is never been off but my oil pan gasket leaks. I myself wouldn't try and reuse it but what do I know I've never even had the damn thing off
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
03-06-2021, (Subject: ISX, Oil pan gaskets ) 
I reused mine at 606k.....I think I just scraped it off the block with a razor blade andoeeled it off the gasket with my fingernails. Still have the new one from my inframe kit from 500k ago lol
replyreply
I used pipe sealant paste on mine in the 4 corners. I have removed it a couple times and re-used the gasket because I did this instead of using silicone.

just something to think about as an alternative.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze: what kind did you use? Great white or something similar? It would be good to have something removable. The grey silicone I used last time (that Cummins recommended) will not come off without tearing the rubber. It sucks because that oil pan gasket only has about 60K on it.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(03-06-2021 )JMBT Wrote:  Rawze: what kind did you use? Great white or something similar? It would be good to have something removable. The grey silicone I used last time (that Cummins recommended) will not come off without tearing the rubber. It sucks because that oil pan gasket only has about 60K on it.

I used the thick white-paste looking stuff. Worked for me... use at own risk, Don't want someone complaining that I gave them bad suggestion if theirs leaks ... It is just what I decided to do with mine and have had no issues. I put a small amount at each of the 4 corners and also some smeared into the top of the gasket in those same areas too when installing it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.