Egr measurment venturi
03-07-2021, (Subject: Egr measurment venturi ) 
Egr measurment venturi
Can someone please chime in on how to stop air from leaking from the "Front EGR connection tube" I replaced it a couple months ago. Replaced the gasket as well. I rechecked for air leaks by presurizing system like Rawze shows and found a air leak at the Front EGR connection tube. What else could I do to stop air leak?

https://quickserve.cummins.com/rtgraphic...191_lg.png

Its number 6 on diagram. I stripped one of the bolts #5 on diagram. Anyone know the part # for the bolts?
replyreply
RE: Egr measurment venturi
(03-07-2021 )PuroCumminsPower Wrote:  Can someone please chime in on how to stop air from leaking from the "Front EGR connection tube" I replaced it a couple months ago. Replaced the gasket as well. I rechecked for air leaks by presurizing system like Rawze shows and found a air leak at the Front EGR connection tube. What else could I do to stop air leak?

https://quickserve.cummins.com/rtgraphic...191_lg.png

Its number 6 on diagram. I stripped one of the bolts #5 on diagram. Anyone know the part # for the bolts?

I can only assume you mean this....
./uploads/202103/post_2_1615121170_ead66dffde84c12b646299e323c01869.jpg

==========

- They like to leak there.

If it is leaking at the gasket/flange itself, then you just need to ensure it is nice and flat, it has a proper fit, and that the gasket is good.

If it is leaking around the tube itself where it meets the top of flange ... this is more common. They are horribly welded and only press-fit. Find a welding shop that can braze it up good all the way around without distorting it. also por-15 paint it with a thick coat or 2 when finished.

=========

(assuming you live in a foreign country where the stuff is allowed)...
If the engine is ehemm... "de-mandated" ... then there should be a block plate at position #1. more info on this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid21629

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
(03-07-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
assuming you live in a foreign country
I do remember that I have the bolt and washers in the Egr Venturi pipe like you recommend. I never installed the plate though. Is there somewhere I can order one? I remember a lot of members had them built.
replyreply
maybe order a 304-stainless hockey-puck from Mr.hags?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-07-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  maybe order a 304-stainless hockey-puck from Mr.hags?
Do you mean Mr Hags? Just want to make sure.
replyreply
(03-07-2021 )PuroCumminsPower Wrote:  Do you mean Mr Hags? Just want to make sure.

Yes

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.