What are International truck issues?
03-17-2021, (Subject: What are International truck issues? ) 
RE: What are International truck issues?
(03-17-2021 )alborz Wrote:  I have been spaculating to buy an International ( most likely) prosper with a cummins engine. Some of my friends recommended to stay away from international due to some unknown problems this truck has and that's why compare to other makes this truck is cheaper in the market.
Is there any credible evidence for such claims?
Thanks in advance for your comments

Max-force engine that came in some of them are indeed problematic. Even international started changing out max-force engines with cummins when there were warranty claims towards the end because they were so troublesome.

HOWEVER..,. Prostar w cummins...

something easy to work on is your friend in today's trucking.

prostar wiring diagrams are on internet for free. Everything to work on cummins is too. - this = money not spent at rip=-off shops over and over. Software + keymaker for engine is on interweb too if ya look for it.

Also prostar is made to be worked on. Everything on them is made to be easily taken apart or worked on. It only even takes about 20mins or so to pull the whole front structure out of one. I have yet to find anything what was a real pain to work on in my prostar. - Sure a tight space here and there, but everything accessible that I have ever had to do.

Prostar is not a rough and tumble truck... it is a big car meant for the highways, not the back roads that would beat up on a truck. A person certanly would not want to take one off-roads into a logging or rough quarry operation. Treat it as a highway vehicle and it will only be good to you though.

I have 1.4 million miles on mine and its still going strong!. A Prostar with a CM871 engine is in the top tier of being one of the most profitable trucks on the market today. Anyone who would tell you to stay away from one that has a cummins engine in it is a complete idiot!. Nothing on the roads can beat them in fuel efficiency when they are set up for high fuel mileage.

Personally, I cannot think of any other brand of truck that I would rather own... Simply because it is highest in fuel efficiency in its class, I know every inch of the engine, I have every bit of wiring and other info for the truck too (freely avail by international). etc.etc.etc. - A person can't beat that with a stick and it has saved me tens of thousands in repair costs and down time just being able to work on everything on it all by myself.

just my opinion.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , alborz

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are International truck issues? - Rawze - 03-17-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.