Iron high in sample
04-01-2021, (Subject: Iron high in sample ) 
RE: Iron high in sample
(03-31-2021 )hookliftpete Wrote:  If the damper was going south, would it cause the crankshaft to wear badly that quickly?

I would think it would be very noticeably shaking while running for this to be a problem.

Maybe you should take a look inside your high and low pressure fuel pump. Maybe just replace the low pressure if it's original.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
04-01-2021, (Subject: Iron high in sample ) 
Both high and low pressure pumps were replaced last year, but I will look anyway. Its the easiest place to start.
replyreply
04-09-2021, (Subject: Iron high in sample ) 
This is an isc, no pttsburgh anything on or in there, just stock tune by Mr Hagg. This is a pushrod.
replyreply
04-28-2021, (Subject: Iron high in sample ) 
Update: Ended up running the truck for lack of any other symptoms or apparent reasons for the iron to be elevated in oil samples. Sampled and changed the oil again with 1600 miles on it, now iron is back down to 6ppm. Still no other symptoms/issues/noises indicating any issues. Also, oil is running cleaner than before the overhead, perhaps valves were hanging open/closed a tad too long and adding soot to oil? Soot at 1600 miles is at just 1ppm. Usually at my usual 5k change intervals, it's been at 7-10ppm.

I'm going to guess that the overhead adjustment was the cause. Not sure what else to assume. Seem logical? Simplest explanation is usually the right one?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.