Factory new air compressor!!
03-19-2021, (Subject: Factory new air compressor!! ) 
RE: Factory new air compressor!!
Was the Piston on the old style compressor at TDC when the X was aligned with the notch?

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
03-20-2021, (Subject: Factory new air compressor!! ) 
Well, I couldn’t come with a way to time the new compressor so I just installed it per quick serve. I crank it up and it seems smooth and quiet. I either lucked out or Cummins was right and it really didn’t need to be timed.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , JimT , Waterloo
03-21-2021, (Subject: Factory new air compressor!! ) 
lucky. my compressor has been a loud rackety annoyance since it was replaced 2 years ago. maybe they learned/fixed something since then... or more likely you just got lucky

edit: I have a cm2250

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
03-22-2021, (Subject: Factory new air compressor!! ) 
Strange. I replaced mine a couple years or so back. It's marked.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
This one was not. I thought I was crazy but Mr Hagg confirmed the new ones are not marked and QuickServe says they do not need to be timed to the engine.

replyreply
I replaced my air compressor on my 2250 and it too was NOT marked with an X.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
04-28-2021, (Subject: Factory new air compressor!! ) 
I finished up the compressor last night and tested it.It was building great pressure and Fast until I heard air rushing out and found it to be the third port in the governor in between the screws that hold the governor to the compressor.Looked at the Psi and it was above 120.Is that port and additional safety pop off that’s built into the compressor?
replyreply
04-28-2021, (Subject: Factory new air compressor!! ) 
(04-28-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  I finished up the compressor last night and tested it.It was building great pressure and Fast until I heard air rushing out and found it to be the third port in the governor in between the screws that hold the governor to the compressor.Looked at the Psi and it was above 120.Is that port and additional safety pop off that’s built into the compressor?

Some of the stealers$its will tell you when you purchase a new compressor that they will not warranty it unless you also replace the air dryer unit to go with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.