code 3582 spn 4364
06-13-2021, (Subject: code 3582 spn 4364 ) 
code 3582 spn 4364
I’m on my way to Baltimore this morning and noticed the check engine light on. The dash diagnostic wasn’t helpful at all so I stopped and plugged Insite in. I got code code 3582 spn 4364. I’m running a regen right now with Insite. I googled the code and am seeing a possible plugged DEF doser. If the regen doesn’t clear the code, will I damage anything running it to deliver and get back home? I’m looking at roughly 300 more miles.

Thanks in advance.

User's Signature: 2013 KW t-660 CM2250, 10 speed auto, 3:55 on 22.5 lp,
replyreply
06-25-2021, (Subject: code 3582 spn 4364 ) 
RE: code 3582 spn 4364
This is a little late, but in case someone else sees this in the future...

First, if you read the codes with insite why did you need to google it? just click the code listing and it will open up the troubleshooting help window. Unless your using an old insite on a newer engine where this code didn't exist before...

Second, to answer your question: No, running with a plugged DEF doser won't hurt anything, but eventually once the code has been active long enough the ECM will start to derate the engine. Eventually it will work it's way down to a stop engine condition, though that should take a while and can usually be cleared with a key cycle or by clearing the faults with insite. Specifically in this case 300 miles should be doable without any major complaints from the ECM.

Third, from my own experience, pay the outrageous price for a new OEM doser valve. I tried cheaper ones off Amazon, likely made in the same factory. However I suspect they are mostly QA rejects and my experience was one that leaked right from the install.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meanwhile
06-27-2021, (Subject: code 3582 spn 4364 ) 
This was one of those moments where I had to admit that I need to spend some time getting to know the Insite program better.

During the regen, I was watching things in the parameters and the dosers seemed to be operating fine. Later on a code for the NOX outlet sensor popped up but went to inactive. I cleared the codes afterward and so far nothing has come up again. I've replaced both NOX sensors, the outlet was done in October. Fuel and DEF dosers have been replaced since I've bought the truck and DEF usage seems normal since I've had it.

User's Signature: 2013 KW t-660 CM2250, 10 speed auto, 3:55 on 22.5 lp,
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT
06-27-2021, (Subject: code 3582 spn 4364 ) 
Not sure exactly what you truck's exhaust setup is like, but many of the systems on these 2250's had a problem with the outlet NOx sensor and excessive road spray causing faults. There is an update for a water "shield", (4907978) Aftertreatment Outlet NOx Sensor Bolt-In Water Shield

All in all, it seems those outlet NOx sensors don't have a very long useful life and often fail by giving valid but incorrect readings (like 0). That reading is very important in how the engine runs and the aftertreatment system operates. Outside of soot collection and regeneration in the DPF, keeping the NOx output within certain levels is the entire job of the EGR and SCR systems. The last one on my truck didn't even last 2 years before it started giving erroneous readings.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.