Sensors before and sensors after demandy?
03-23-2021, (Subject: Sensors before and sensors after demandy? ) 
Sensors before and sensors after demandy?
I have a 2250cm 450ST hp 1750 torq. CPL 3719? 775k. demandated by some fella my buddy knows well. My question is what sensors should still be hooked up and which not and why? I’m going to pull the file and have proper “tuners” examine the disaster. I see lots of wire harnesses tied up or taped up. Also the back pressure sensor wires cut off...sensor is now a plug doing nothing...

The engine temp runs too low IMO, 175 unless uphill fully loaded the might break 200!!

He must have shut off warning lamps and things also.

The truck was originally a TMC truck, i read that from factory.... day #1 TMC has Cummins casterate(derate) ecm to 395hp and 1550 torq. To save on wear and Tare on the motor..has anyone heard similar stories?

Truck currently gets 5.2 mpg on a great day but better than it was which was 4.3. Lol

Thanks guys
replyreply
RE: Sensors before and sensors after demandy?
sounds so far like the typical botch-job bad delete.

you should not have had to unplug anything actually.

* is the egr cooler still intact?

* Still have the factory turbocharger?

* SCR canister was hollowed out all the way (most these bad delete shops will not bother with the SCR canister (it has to be cut open, all contents removed 100%, and welded shut again) and make excuse like its "passive" or some other complete bulls$it.. then you wonder a year from now why a piston went thru the block because of all the blocked up exhaust.

Get yourself an inline-6 adapter off ebay for about 300 bucks or so (software needed can be found free if ya look for it in the right places) and pull the file out of that ecm... e-mail it to me for review. I will tell you exactly what someone did to the programming, good, bad, or downright ugly.

there is likely a long list of other bad things that may have been done to it that I see these shops do as well.

===========

as far as the engine temp goes,... may or may not be related to bad programming. Thermostat controls engine temp, not ecm.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: farbeyonddriven , PuroCumminsPower
(03-23-2021 )farbeyonddriven Wrote:  I see lots of wire harnesses tied up or taped up. Also the back pressure sensor wires cut off...sensor is now a plug doing nothing...

I would look into ordering a new engine harness. Once they are hacked into like you describe, they are essentially shot in my book.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: farbeyonddriven
EGR is removed, VGT turbo which i got ripped off charged 5000 for NEW turbo. They pulled a fast one and put in a reman and never said a word, exhaust is removed and flex pipe took its place,
replyreply
Egr is removed? As in not on the truck? What about the egr cooler, is that still on it? It's where the back two cylinder's get there coolant flow from, so it's not good to not have it, or atleast run a 3/4" tube in its place.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
What a mess... Destroying a motor out of foolishness.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
03-24-2021, (Subject: Sensors before and sensors after demandy? ) 
Granted this peticular engine might have water flow issue with rear cylinders being egr cooler removed and possibly not plummed in.

Is it possible that the radiators are engineered to handle the egr load, and if now missing the cooling system possibly be oversized? I notice with mine since the weight loss I now operate at t stat temps unless under heavy load, where as before I would constantly cycle between fan on at 212 and off at 190.
replyreply
03-24-2021, (Subject: Sensors before and sensors after demandy? ) 
(03-24-2021 )Wildcard Wrote:  I now operate at t stat temps unless under heavy load

Not sure what your talking about with that statement??

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
03-28-2021, (Subject: Sensors before and sensors after demandy? ) 
(03-24-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  
(03-24-2021 )Wildcard Wrote:  I now operate at t stat temps unless under heavy load

Not sure what your talking about with that statement??

I think what he's saying is that coolant temps are rock steady at the low end of the operating range, about 180 or 190.

To answer Wildcard's question, yes, they probably are engineered to dissipate heat slightly more quickly with the EGR, though with EGR being around nearly 20 years now it would be nearly impossible to make a fair comparison (not to mention the differences in vehicle designs). However the only practical difference is how much the thermostat opens up and how often the fan might need to kick on.

After my cm2250 was demanned it was rock solid at 190 unless I pulled a big grade. (basically if you keep the boost under about 20psi max) Since the inframe, and the new thermostat that came in the kit (as well as a new oil cooler), my temps have been running steady at 180. Also, it should be noted that I didn't block off exhaust gases to the EGR cooler until I did the inframe, so that might be part of the difference too. Oddly enough after draining and refilling the coolant a few weeks ago the temp is now sitting at about 177-178 instead of 180. Comes up to temp normally and then operates normally, rising and falling as expected with engine load and ambient temps.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hookliftpete , Wildcard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.